Food & Drink

How much do you tip for food delivery apps?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 1:26 pm
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
I usually tip flat 4-5$. And yes, as far as I know the apps don't pay them enough so they rely on tips.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
UberEats drivers make noticeably less than Uber drivers, according to people who've done both, which is to say, not much $ at all. I personally don't order from delivery apps as I find all the fees add up real quick (service fee, delivery fee, + tip).
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35456 posts
9473 upvotes
Ottawa
HP_John wrote: UberEats drivers make noticeably less than Uber drivers, according to people who've done both, which is to say, not much $ at all. I personally don't order from delivery apps as I find all the fees add up real quick (service fee, delivery fee, + tip).
I don't use them either as it is not just the drivers inequity but that restaurants have to pay excess fees as well.
If I order from a place that does it's own delivery, $2 to $5 depending on the amount ordered.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3605 posts
2860 upvotes
Depending on amount of order, 10% or min of $3 ($5 if no delivery fee already) whichever is more