Travel

How much does AC Rouge on flight Wifi cost?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 5:47 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2120 posts
571 upvotes

How much does AC Rouge on flight Wifi cost?

Heard AC rouge is offering wifi on many but not all flights. Going on a 5-hr flight and can really use some wifi, but noticed only connecting flights offer it. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Without buying the tickets yet, how can I get an estimate of the cost?

P.S. found some price info on AC but not sure if it is the same for AC rouge. http://www.gogoair.com/ac-bbyf/

P.P.S. can I use the voucher offered by Visa Infinite Privilege program ?

Thanks
I am not evil; I just live another way
9 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
We had on a Florida flight last year and it was free.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
webshark wrote: We had on a Florida flight last year and it was free.
Wifi is free to access the in flight entertainment system (movies, tv shows, etc) but likely costs $$$ to access internet
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2583 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
I was on a Rouge flight a few weeks ago and dont remember the prices exatly but they were more than your link is showing. Seems like purchasing in advance yields a discount. Maybe give them a call and see if the prices are applicable to Rouge flights.

Just to be clear, the inflight entertainment wifi is free, but it does not give access to the outside internet, only provides movies, music , tv shows etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2120 posts
571 upvotes
Biff88 wrote: I was on a Rouge flight a few weeks ago and dont remember the prices exatly but they were more than your link is showing. Seems like purchasing in advance yields a discount. Maybe give them a call and see if the prices are applicable to Rouge flights.

Just to be clear, the inflight entertainment wifi is free, but it does not give access to the outside internet, only provides movies, music , tv shows etc.
Will ring the rouge up. Thanks.

I should have made it more clear. I am aware of the inflight entertainment(not impressed though) is free. More interested in knowing the "outside internet" option.

Noticed that the service is provided by gogoair so I am wondering if the Visa infinite vouchers can be redeemed...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2522 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
Also be sure to check the aircraft type before purchasing in advance. Rouge flights operating on 767 don’t have internet wifi yet, just for internal streaming.
Celebrating 21+ years on RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Gogo expects that users of this pass on Air Canada air-to-ground equipped aircraft will typically experience download speeds of 250 Kbps-3 Mbps for the first 100 MB downloaded within an hour and upload speeds of 100-300 Kbps for the first 25 MB uploaded within an hour. After the first 100 MB downloaded within an hour, Gogo expects that these users will typically experience download speeds of 200-400 Kbps for the remainder of the hour; after the first 25 MB uploaded within an hour, Gogo expects that these users will typically experience upload speeds of 100-200 Kbps for the remainder of the hour. We expect that these users will typically experience latency of 200-600 ms.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

@OP: Don't waste your money on this trash. Download some shows/movies on your phone/tablet and enjoy the flight. The money you saved, buy yourself a good bottle of booze from duty free.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
eldiablo wrote: Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

@OP: Don't waste your money on this trash. Download some shows/movies on your phone/tablet and enjoy the flight. The money you saved, buy yourself a good bottle of booze from duty free.
I second that motion.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2120 posts
571 upvotes
Thanks guys for the info.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
I just landed from venice on rogue and there was no wifi. 9 hour flight. We sat in premium economy and it was really good. They gave us an iPad with a bunch of new movies loaded on it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)