Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
630 posts
42 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

How much to negotiate on a 2015 Camry SE

How much should I negotiate on a 2015 Camry SE when buying new from dealer? MSRP is $25,240. Should I expect a discount on the freight and such?
23 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11830 posts
5735 upvotes
Simply put, as much as possible.

Don't deal with all the little parts of the quote, just deal with the on the road price. Tell them what you are willing to pay to drive the vehicle off the lot, everything in.

If it is realistic, they will make it happen.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10486 upvotes
Ottawa
If you have cash (not after financing or bank loans etc) then you have the upper hand. You can easily knock a couple grand or more off the MSRP. Get an out the door price (taxes fees admin etc) included. Let them know you will write a check the moment the deal is good for you.
Most importantly, be prepared to walk away. There are lots of Toyota dealers around.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7661 posts
4573 upvotes
Mississauga
Cash is king! Dealerships hate cash deals: they don't make money off the financing side of the deal.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
Paying cash does not guarantee more discounts, unless there's a specific factory cash promo from the factory.
Factory and the stealerships rather get you into financing for interests and kickbacks.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10486 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: Paying cash does not guarantee more discounts, unless there's a specific factory cash promo from the factory.
Factory and the stealerships rather get you into financing for interests and kickbacks.
No true. Cash allows the dealer to pay for the car immediately thereby preventing accumulation of OEM charges.
Factory financing does not put money into the dealers pocket....it puts it into the OEM pocket, if the OEM is doing the financing. Financing through a dealer is generally sold to a bank and yes, they do get a kickback but, it is not as much as many people think.
Cash in the dealers pocket is king. They can buy out the OEM carrying charges and get bonus form the OEM for paying for the vehicle early.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
Pete_Coach wrote: No true. Cash allows the dealer to pay for the car immediately thereby preventing accumulation of OEM charges.
Factory financing does not put money into the dealers pocket....it puts it into the OEM pocket, if the OEM is doing the financing. Financing through a dealer is generally sold to a bank and yes, they do get a kickback but, it is not as much as many people think.
Cash in the dealers pocket is king. They can buy out the OEM carrying charges and get bonus form the OEM for paying for the vehicle early.
I'm not going to bother arguing with you because the last time you were in the dealership was probably years ago!
There's a reason why they run "cash" promos, otherwise there would be no need based on your assumption.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10486 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: I'm not going to bother arguing with you because the last time you were in the dealership was probably years ago!
There's a reason why they run "cash" promos, otherwise there would be no need based on your assumption.
No assumptions at all. Actually, my family had a dealership and my Son is a manager at a dealership so, argue if you want, I do know the business.
The OEM actually could not care less how it gets paid, as long as it gets it's money. If the buyer pays through OEM financing, that is just as OK as if the buyer pays cash. In the end, the dealer must pay the OEM for the car, they do not care how the dealer gets the money. The dealer does though.
Sep 3, 2006
551 posts
154 upvotes
GTA Ontario
check what is the invoice price for this car........just post a link to free report from CARCOSTCANADA.COM, sorry no link here, posted last night around 2:30 am

that offer is a time limited, somewhere Jan. 4/2016 expire.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18012 posts
17064 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrweather wrote: Cash is king! Dealerships hate cash deals: they don't make money off the financing side of the deal.
You're kidding right? If anything dealers hate cash deals since they make squat. There's backend profits on leasing and financing. B
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6247 posts
6583 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: Simply put, as much as possible.

Don't deal with all the little parts of the quote, just deal with the on the road price. Tell them what you are willing to pay to drive the vehicle off the lot, everything in.

If it is realistic, they will make it happen.
An insist that all amounts be Complete On The Road price, not a monthly price. Dealerships can and will (*@&#(*&#@ around with payment terms to give you a monthly price that's whatever you want but still gives them a fat profit.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6247 posts
6583 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: If you have cash (not after financing or bank loans etc) then you have the upper hand.
mrweather wrote: Cash is king! Dealerships hate cash deals: they don't make money off the financing side of the deal.
Don't state up front whether your cash purchase or finance. Always put it into terms "I will take whichever approach costs me less money, if cash vs finance make a difference, please outline those differences".

Cash is not always king -- you may be able to get a better deal financing it since the dealer is willing to forego some profit margin from YOU since they're possibly getting a finance kickback from the financier.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7661 posts
4573 upvotes
Mississauga
EP32k2 wrote: You're kidding right? If anything dealers hate cash deals since they make squat. There's backend profits on leasing and financing. B
Which is what I said. Not sure what "I'm kidding" about.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18012 posts
17064 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrweather wrote: Which is what I said. Not sure what "I'm kidding" about.
Where did you say you're not sure?
Mar 10, 2006
189 posts
49 upvotes
Vaughan
Try with cash $26500 otr
Or xse $28600
Sep 24, 2010
42 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
Pete_Coach wrote: No assumptions at all. Actually, my family had a dealership and my Son is a manager at a dealership so, argue if you want, I do know the business.
The OEM actually could not care less how it gets paid, as long as it gets it's money. If the buyer pays through OEM financing, that is just as OK as if the buyer pays cash. In the end, the dealer must pay the OEM for the car, they do not care how the dealer gets the money. The dealer does though.
Thanks for the info.

vkizzle gets owned twice in two days.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10486 upvotes
Ottawa
janus381 wrote: Thanks for the info.

vkizzle gets owned twice in two days.
vkizzle has good things offer quite often and is a good member of this forum, it is just when he makes assumptions and accusations about people he disagrees with is where he falls apart.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1899 posts
222 upvotes
elephantrider wrote: How much should I negotiate on a 2015 Camry SE when buying new from dealer? MSRP is $25,240. Should I expect a discount on the freight and such?
Get the invoice price from Unhaghle on the trim want, and negotiate from there.

There was a slight price increase on the MY15 Camry around Mar/April 2015. If you are able to find a new Camry manufactured before that, the dealer and MSRP should be lower.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)