Automotive

How much should I pay for a used 2016 Ford Fusion?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2017 7:35 pm
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes

How much should I pay for a used 2016 Ford Fusion?

I have been shopping for a mid-size sedan as 2nd car. Bought my 1st car new but feel a slightly used car would pack more value to the dollar.

Was considering Accord/Camry/Mazda6 but used car price seems high.

Then I found this 2016 Fusion Titanium with all options/equipment on.
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fusion/ ... 5_29640382_/

Phoned up the dealership, it is a company DEMO. And they are not negotiating price on the phone.
$23,875 * 1.13 = $26,978

I have heard that DEMO cars come with big discounts, what's the strategy to negotiate it?

Thanks
Last edited by billy_z on Jan 2nd, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
May 12, 2008
294 posts
39 upvotes
I would offer close to wholesale. Vmr Canada is a good starting point.

Keep in mind the vehicle is essentially 1 year old and high volume Ford dealers like Erinwood Ford are likely willing to sell at a steeper discount.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
billy_z wrote: I have been shopping for a mid-size sedan as 2nd car. Bought my 1st car new but feel a slightly used car would pack more value to the dollar.

Was considering Accord/Camry/Mazda6 but used car price seems high.

Then I found this 2016 Fusion Titanium with all options/equipment on.
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fusion/ ... 5_29640382_/

Phoned up the dealership, it is a company DEMO. And they are not negotiating price on the phone.
$23,875 * 1.13 = $26,978

I have heard that DEMO cars come with big discounts, what's the strategy to negotiate it?

Thanks
If you are in Ontario, seriously consider a 2017 Fusion Energi hybrid. With the $8500 government rebate, the on-the-road price was less than $30k when I priced one a couple months back. Even the Energi SE model includes leather and many of the features of a gas Titanium.

For any car (including the used Trader one which appears to have been sold), to haggle the price down, I've found you need to be at the dealership ready to leave a deposit to have any luck with negotiations.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
Thanks for the tip, just checked VMR Canada, wholesale price for Ford Fusion Titanium is $23,725.

This is only $150 from the dealer's listing price. Am I finding a true deal?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
It's being sold in Uxbridge, so perhaps the price is reflective of the smaller market up there?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Given that this car is something like $35K+ new, it's not bad, but definitely go in there and see if you can knock another $1K+ off. They likely want this moved off the lot ASAP given that it's a 2016, and it's also reflected in the price drops on the bottom of that page:
Listing History
$7,724
TOTAL PRICE DROP
Current Price$23,875
Discounted December 24, 2016$24,875
Discounted December 2, 2016$25,888
Originally listed for$31,599
Ford vehicles definitely offer a lot of value, especially if you buy one that is around a year old, because the depreciation hit is huge. As long as you don't care about long-term resale (i.e. you will drive it into the ground) and there are no known big issues with the car, go for it!

I was looking at a used Fiesta some time back, but stayed away due to the DCT transmission issue, otherwise, it was incredible value for the money vs. what the competition offered.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
toguy wrote: Given that this car is something like $35K+ new, it's not bad, but definitely go in there and see if you can knock another $1K+ off. They likely want this moved off the lot ASAP given that it's a 2016, and it's also reflected in the price drops on the bottom of that page:
Thanks man, I'll try to go there in person and see if I can negotiate the price down. My planned budget is $25,000 but not sure if $1900 is too big a gap.
Banned
Feb 15, 2016
394 posts
168 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Hi,

with Ford there are many of them. Just check around for a better deal and go for it. Also check for regular used car dealers if they have anything like you are looking for
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
jabela wrote: It's being sold in Uxbridge, so perhaps the price is reflective of the smaller market up there?
I went to test drive the car. Got engine issue, acceleration is not as good as other cars(same spec) in the same lot.