Pets

how much for small baby pure bred rottweiler?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 3:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14260 posts
4012 upvotes
Scarberia

how much for small baby pure bred rottweiler?

is 2.5K a good price for a baby rott? tia

any links to buy one?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3423 posts
661 upvotes
I would suggest you wait until after the pandemic - and definitely do not buy where you meet someone in a parking lot but buy the pup from a reputable breeder if you want a baby Rotti. I don't know what a Rotti would cost under normal circumstances, but you would be paying a huge premium during the pandemic and reputable breeders have a very long waiting list. $2.5 K seems far to low - especially these days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14260 posts
4012 upvotes
Scarberia
Blanche123 wrote: I would suggest you wait until after the pandemic - and definitely do not buy where you meet someone in a parking lot but buy the pup from a reputable breeder if you want a baby Rotti. I don't know what a Rotti would cost under normal circumstances, but you would be paying a huge premium during the pandemic and reputable breeders have a very long waiting list. $2.5 K seems far to low - especially these days.
so 2.5k is a good deal for a rott puppy? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3423 posts
661 upvotes
No. Not these days. And not from a good breeder. The pup would/should cost considerably more. I suggest you contact some good breeders. Perhaps look at a breed specific forum. My best advice would be to wait until post the pandemic.
Jan 23, 2012
155 posts
51 upvotes
Ilderton, ON
OP, judging from your response, I'm not sure there is a point in telling you anything you don't want to hear, but here goes.
I think the point being made is that $2500 is a good price for a well bred pup from a reputable breeder. It is far too much to pay for some broker/backyard breeder/puppy mill puppy found on Kijiji. If you want a purebred, do your research and be sure that you are dealing with a reputable breeder. (Do not buy a puppy unless you can see the mother and where they are raised!) As Blanche123 suggested, a great place to start is a rottweiler forum. You can also contact the breed club which will usually list breeders in good standing such as this one http://rottclub.ca/breeders-directory/. One of the breeders there says on their website that their puppies are ~$2800 and will be available in 2022. (By clicking on that link, I may have now done more rottweiler breeder research than you.) A little research on your part may save you thousands of dollars and alot of heartache if you get a sick, poorly bred, unsocialized puppy. The original cost of the puppy is a small fraction of the cost of the dog over its lifetime, so spend wisely.
Jan 4, 2010
36 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Completely agree with Notme666. I have had many friends buy their dogs from a backyard breeder for a great price, but because there's little control for inheritable traits, the pups end up developing severe issues that cost many more thousands in vet fees. They've all happily paid them as they love their pets, but cost cutting at one point will cost you financially and emotionally down the line. If your thought is to save money, don't get a dog. They're huge liabilities in terms of time and cost.

Also, I'm making a huge assumption here, and think this may be your first rottie. They're sweet as hell, but not the best breeds for first time dog owners. Highly recommend puppy school as a bare minimum.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3423 posts
661 upvotes
Notme666 and Andrew87 - Definitely agree with both of you.

Andrew, I was also making the huge assumption that the Rottie might be the OP's first puppy. Definitely not a breed for a first time dog owner. Puppy school definitely! Although that might be hard due to Covid, as well maybe a few private lessons.