[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10025 posts
5169 upvotes
Markham

how much those winter tyres -used

Hi

Never sold winter tyres before and have no idea how much it worth. I have four winter tyres with rim on it for around 4 years, the size is 215/60r16 for my Ford Taurus. Since I bought a new van, so I want to sell those winter tyres. How much should I charge?

The brand is "Gislaved"

Thanks
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Last edited by smartie on Oct 7th, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pictures
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19057 posts
7103 upvotes
Toronto
Never heard of the brand. What kind of rims? Steelies? How much tread left on tires?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10025 posts
5169 upvotes
Markham
carmaster wrote: Never heard of the brand. What kind of rims? Steelies? How much tread left on tires?
yes,steelies. Not sure how to measure Tread
Aug 18, 2017
269 posts
157 upvotes
Not an expert but I'd say probably ask $40 a rim and $50 a tire assuming they were cheapo $100 / tire new and had at least 50% life (6-7/32nds). To add value you may want to put like a nickel or something in the tread and take a picture from an angle that looks good / find a tread depth indicator. Try and settle on a final price of $250-300. Used tires will be expected to sell highly depreciated.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10025 posts
5169 upvotes
Markham
Not sure my answer is correct on rim, I attached a picture
Aug 18, 2017
269 posts
157 upvotes
You should probably also google bolt pattern and offset for your Taurus and include that. As only certain cars will be able to use those rims
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1762 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto & north …
carmaster wrote: Never heard of the brand.
NathanT039266 wrote: ...assuming they were cheapo $100 / tire new...
Without getting into the debate about used tires and safety etc., I just wanted to chime in about Gislaved tires or "tyres". Gislaved started out in Sweden more than 100 years ago and is now a part of Continental. Not a cheapo tire.

The above pictured tire is a Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 and I have happily run the same on a GTI for the past six(!) winters in size 205/55R16 over 46,505 km and I am kind of sad to possibly not use them for this upcoming seventh winter as they are still in good shape, both tread depth-wise and rubber condition-wise. But I shouldn't gamble with safety, especially when the deals are on now for winter tires.

Good luck with sale from this very satisfied Gislaved customer.

http://www.gislaved-tyres.com/car

Aug 18, 2017
269 posts
157 upvotes
NotMoneyGuy wrote: Without getting into the debate about used tires and safety etc., I just wanted to chime in about Gislaved tires or "tyres". Gislaved started out in Sweden more than 100 years ago and is now a part of Continental. Not a cheapo tire.

The above pictured tire is a Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 and I have happily run the same on a GTI for the past six(!) winters in size 205/55R16 over 46,505 km and I am kind of sad to possibly not use them for this upcoming seventh winter as they are still in good shape, both tread depth-wise and rubber condition-wise. But I shouldn't gamble with safety, especially when the deals are on now for winter tires.

Good luck with sale from this very satisfied Gislaved customer.

http://www.gislaved-tyres.com/car

Thanks for the info, had not heard of them before. If you've paid $150 tire new OP I guess you can ask for another $100 or so