Home & Garden

How much would a furnace installation only cost? and how to go about this?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2018 3:24 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4953 posts
1490 upvotes
0 downvotes

How much would a furnace installation only cost? and how to go about this?

Good Afternoon.

At one of my houses, we have a very old furnace, like 30 plus years old. We obtained a fairly new condition furnace at one of our properties in the east end which is not installed, its in a box and was given to us as part of the deal when we obtained the property. We can transport it to our west end house which has the very old furnace. We are doing a 1 for 1 install, removing the old furnace and installing the new one, the duct work is identical except we are no longer using the Bee Vent, we would require an additional installation of a Power Vent PVC pipe intake and exhaust. There is also no modifications to the gas line or hydro wires or any of the return duct work. How much do you think would be the cost to install the furnace we obtained? I can help to remove the older furnace to help lower the cost if need be. Any ideas?

Thanks

-GFz
Hi
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4764 posts
2353 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: we would require an additional installation of a Power Vent PVC pipe intake and exhaust.
That is where you might hit some extra costs. I had some pipes moved a couple of years ago and it cost as much as a recent install. Moving the pipes involved switching the black PVC to the white System 636. That cost me $800 cash (probably got rooked) A recent furnace install was $800 cash. I'll PM you with contact info.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4953 posts
1490 upvotes
0 downvotes
ok. I will wait for your Private Message (PM)
Hi
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2845 posts
1317 upvotes
Mississauga
I also got quotes around $800-1100 about 2 years ago. All wanted cash with 30-60 day labour warranty.