Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1623 posts
752 upvotes
GTA
XtremeModder wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:18 am
I think it's pretty funny actually.
Oh yea, don't get me wrong. What I meant it was a stupid move by The Verge because it put Stefan Etienne back on the radar and he is getting bodied on Twitter all over again. I was reading the comments and just laughing. He is sitting there blocking people all day as they roast him. It is quite funny.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9806 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
heyyahblah wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:29 pm
Oh yea, don't get me wrong. What I meant it was a stupid move by The Verge because it put Stefan Etienne back on the radar and he is getting bodied on Twitter all over again. I was reading the comments and just laughing. He is sitting there blocking people all day as they roast him. It is quite funny.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Here's the thing, if you clearly don't know certain terms or for that matter KNOW what you're doing, don't make a video on how to do it. Plain and simple. He should have known backlash was going to happen.

The power supply part was probably the best, or the "OH YEA, WE GOT ONE" as if it's something super rare...

I could probably build a computer with my eyes closed and many of us here could build a PC as well. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and I'm 32 now. Am I an expert? Probably not, but I know my stuff. This guy clearly doesn't and had no business doing that video.

Could the people responsible for making that video not go on youtube and look up how to build a computer first before making their own? Ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1623 posts
752 upvotes
GTA
XtremeModder wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:57 pm
Here's the thing, if you clearly don't know certain terms or for that matter KNOW what you're doing, don't make a video on how to do it. Plain and simple. He should have known backlash was going to happen.

The power supply part was probably the best, or the "OH YEA, WE GOT ONE" as if it's something super rare...
He calls himself a gentleman, which is false because if he was he would not be a rude idiot and apologize and admit to his faults and mistakes that he made, and get more educated about building PC's, especially at bare minimum learn the correct terminology and don't be ignorant. Biggest faults. Insulting gamers and PC Enthusiasts on Twitch by calling us 'geeks & nerds' didn't help him either. It just added more fuel to the fire, so I don't feel sorry for him at all.

And, I think you meant the CPU part. "OH YEA, WE GOT ONE" when he was holding up the i7-8700k like it was some super exclusive processor just for them, lmao. I am just glad the copyright strikes were removed, because they were unfairly given. Youtube should give The Verge channel a strike or take them down for false flagging other channels. I mean how stupid can you get. Trying to give us backlash all the time later. Oh well.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5021 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Because of that video. I ignore anything that The Verge puts out. Articles, reviews etc. I didn't respect them before but I at least entertained their content. Now I simply ignore anything they do.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13663 posts
2812 upvotes
Markham
Lol all recent verge videos are being heavily downvoted "Disliked"
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3096 posts
606 upvotes
The verge has been going down hill for years. I gave them the benefit thinking the dude was a N00b with that poor PC build guide and was meh. However copy sticking bitwit and then playing the victim was really low. Not even that they had the balls to say you could have reached out, such ignorance is mind blowing for a tech site like the verge.

Not only verge but any Vox entity in general is on my naughty list, not that i visit Vox related sites but will certainly go out of my way to avoid them now, no adsence from me.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30031 posts
1326 upvotes
Fernando Po
Should fire their upper management and start over.
Jan 22, 2017
938 posts
203 upvotes
video is still on msn video
STEP INTO THE DARK SIDE...