• Oct 6th, 2019 9:05 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes

How To obtain Indian Police Clearance Certificate Within USA For Visitors

How to obtain Indian Police Clearance Certificate Within USA (California) For Visitors ? My mom (Indian citizen) is visiting USA and will be there for couple of months but she need PCC urgently, how can she obtain ?

Thanks !
Last edited by MK1986 on Oct 2nd, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
MK1986 wrote: How to obtain Indian Police Clearance Certificate Within USA For Visitors ? My mom (Indian citizen) is visiting USA and will be there for couple of months but she need PCC urgently, how can she obtain ?

Thanks !
She already has USA visa right? so why she needs that? Check BLS.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
MK1986 wrote: For her Canadian permanenet residence application, IRCC wants it within 30 days !
Oh I see.

Off topic and nothing related to you/your mom.
Many of my Friends who have visited so many countries have hard time to get US visa. Now almost all of them have permanent residence Canada.
So I guess this will help them to visit US.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes
callernamet wrote: Oh I see.

Off topic and nothing related to you/your mom.
Many of my Friends who have visited so many countries have hard time to get US visa. Now almost all of them have permanent residence Canada.
So I guess this will help them to visit US.
US visitng visa is very hard to get all the time :) My mom was lucky to get hers.
Jul 24, 2013
142 posts
142 upvotes
Regina
MK1986 wrote: How to obtain Indian Police Clearance Certificate Within USA (California) For Visitors ? My mom (Indian citizen) is visiting USA and will be there for couple of months but she need PCC urgently, how can she obtain ?

Thanks !
You should be able to get this information from Indian consulate of USA. If they don't provide that service they may have the necessary information published on the website itself. Best if luck
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes
MrB0mbastiC wrote: You should be able to get this information from Indian consulate of USA. If they don't provide that service they may have the necessary information published on the website itself. Best if luck
Unfortunately not :)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
to be honest Dont know OP. But I dont like as I am always suspicious of such threads. Here is from google links

What is a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?
A:

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is issued to Indian Passport holders in case they have applied for Residential Status, Employment or Long term visa or for immigration. PCC cannot be issued for persons going abroad on Tourist Visa.

https://www.mea.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm

So my question is if applying for PR in Canada why you couldn't get PCC in India before leaving.
Q: I am an Indian National staying abroad, Local Government has asked me to submit Police Clearance certificate.

How to apply for a PCC at an Indian Mission?
What are the documents required for a PCC application?
What is the procedure of issuance of a PCC?

A:

The application form can be downloaded from the website of the Indian Mission and submitted along with the supporting documents indicated.
For a checklist of documents required, please check with the Indian Mission concerned through website or in person.
On receipt of a PCC application along with required documents, the Indian Mission will forward the application to concerned Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) in India. The Mission will issue a PCC to applicant on receipt of status report from PIA for the same.

Note: For foreign nationals, Police Clearance Certificate needs to be obtained from the District Police or the FRRO at the place of residence in India. Copies of such a certificate may be attested by the Indian Mission on production of the original.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/extra?id=17
How to Apply (in Person):

Download the Miscellaneous Application form and fill it up carefully. Each applicant is required to fill up separate Miscellaneous Application form and affix his/her photograph on the same.

Applicant may fill up the Nationality Verification Form and affix current passport size photograph.

Applicant’s current valid passport in original and its photocopy. Those having Indian passport may provide original as well as photocopies of the first five and last two pages. Original and photocopy of the document showing valid US Visa Status.

Original and photocopy of any of the following documents as proof of residence: US Driving License, Utility Bill, Lease Agreement, State Identity Card, or Mortgage Deed.

Carry all original supporting documents for presentation to the Consular Officer. Photocopies of these documents may be attached with the application. Ensure that photocopies of these documents are legible.

Fee: A fee of US$25.00 (Twenty-Five Only) if the current passport is issued from Embassy and US$40.00(Forty Only) if the current passport is issued by any other Passport Issuing Authorities. An additional fee of US$2.00 (Two Only) to be added towards Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) per application. The fees may be paid in cash or as money order/cashiers’ cheque, drawn separately towards fee and ICWF, in favour of Embassy of India, Washington DC. Be prepared to submit a trackable pre-paid self-addressed return mailing envelope if applicants wish to get the PCC by mail if there is delay in processing as specified above or may visit again after the expiry of the stipulated period as referred above, to collect the processed PCC.

Processing Time: Please refer to the instructions above.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes
callernamet wrote: to be honest Dont know OP. But I dont like as I am always suspicious of such threads. Here is from google links

What is a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?
A:

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is issued to Indian Passport holders in case they have applied for Residential Status, Employment or Long term visa or for immigration. PCC cannot be issued for persons going abroad on Tourist Visa.

https://www.mea.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm

So my question is if applying for PR in Canada why you couldn't get PCC in India before leaving.
She could have applied before but usually in India when you apply for PCC, they will ask a request letter or some sort of proof , which she doesnt have but nor she got a request letter from IRCC asking for PCC. :)
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes
Indian counsalate in San Fransico says they won't be able to priovde PCC because she is a visito but Indian Counsalate at Newyork says they can issue PCC for vistitor's as well. Called BLS Toronto, they can also issue PCC for visitor's as long as they are within Canada.
God knows what's happening with these people !!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
very clear.
I am still not sure how you are able to apply for PR status while visiting US or on US visit visa. That is manipulation of system.
As I said 1000 times I dont like such manipulation.
Here is the hint how my Friends managed PR. They just paid like 500K or "Invested" in Canada. And got PR status. And I dont like it but it is legal and Canada promotes that as business.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
793 upvotes
centre of universe
MK1986 wrote: She could have applied before but usually in India when you apply for PCC, they will ask a request letter or some sort of proof , which she doesnt have but nor she got a request letter from IRCC asking for PCC. :)
Simple. Try to obey laws. Laws of land in India or US or Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7023 posts
1367 upvotes
Scarborough
MK1986 wrote: Indian counsalate in San Fransico says they won't be able to priovde PCC because she is a visito but Indian Counsalate at Newyork says they can issue PCC for vistitor's as well. Called BLS Toronto, they can also issue PCC for visitor's as long as they are within Canada.
God knows what's happening with these people !!!!!!!!!!!
it may be worth a visit to the consulate in SF (show them IRCC request for PCC), perhaps talking to the concerned manager/supervisor or consul would work.
Otherwise go apply @ NY if possible.
Last resort: request IRCC for more time telling them she is visiting USA and that it would be provided as soon as she is back in home country.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
643 posts
144 upvotes
apnayloags wrote: it may be worth a visit to the consulate in SF (show them IRCC request for PCC), perhaps talking to the concerned manager/supervisor or consul would work.
Otherwise go apply @ NY if possible.
Last resort: request IRCC for more time telling them she is visiting USA and that it would be provided as soon as she is back in home country.
Thanks !