• May 9th, 2021 3:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
21111 posts
2885 upvotes
Out west

How often to clean stove downdraft filters

First time owning a down draft system for stove top venting. With a reno last year we got one installed. The manual says to clean them either in the dihwasher, or soak in hot water and dish soap, let dry and reinstall

But it doesnt say how often, and Kitchenaid hasn't replied to the question for a month,

When we had OTR microwaves and range hoods, I used to take that small grease filter and soak it every couple months

Same scenario, just got it every 3 months?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6082 posts
4370 upvotes
when it looks dirty, or, at least, when the vent does not vacuum properly. As simple as that.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
21111 posts
2885 upvotes
Out west
DoorCrasher wrote: when it looks dirty, or, at least, when the vent does not vacuum properly. As simple as that.
Usually by then they are really plugged, Im kinda about the preventative maintenance, so it works every time I use it,
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6082 posts
4370 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: Usually by then they are really plugged, Im kinda about the preventative maintenance, so it works every time I use it,
then curious question... clean them when you think it is needed! Depends on many factors like do you fry often? how often you use it weekly? Any answer would be pertty good. More often than not is the best. Esier to clean, and they are more effective at what they are ment to do. Here we let them soak for about one hour in hot soapy water about every two weeks. But this is us. There is no harm to clean this more than not enough