Health & Wellness

How often do you wash your hair?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 10:22 am
Tags:

Poll: How often do you wash your hair?

• Total votes: 46. You have voted on this poll.
daily

57%
skip days, NOT oily hair, DON'T use products

22%
skip days, NOT oily hair, USE products

9%
skip days, OILY hair, DON'T use products

11%
skip days, OILY hair, USE products

2%
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13761 posts
3731 upvotes
Montréal

How often do you wash your hair?

I sometimes read articles advising it's probably better to skip days and not wash every day. Who are you ppl, do you exist? LMAO.

I personally have oily hair and use hair products (gel, spray), so if I don't wash daily, you'd probably call the health inspector on me in a wk lol.

If you skip days and use products, how do you get away w it, is it still clean?

Poll added.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4246 posts
2537 upvotes
Gotham
Maybe twice per week if I don't workout. If I work out and get sweaty then that day.

I only use water. No shampoo.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5194 posts
1986 upvotes
Toronto
Every morning without fail. If I was forced to pick, I'd rather wash my hair than the rest of me in the morning. I just feel disgusting until I wash my hair, like it's sticking out everywhere.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13761 posts
3731 upvotes
Montréal
Manatus wrote: Every morning without fail. If I was forced to pick, I'd rather wash my hair than the rest of me in the morning. I just feel disgusting until I wash my hair, like it's sticking out everywhere.
+1 same same.

Brother from another mother.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Mar 30, 2009
60 posts
21 upvotes
Quick rinse in the morning to rid of bed hair and then a shampoo wash before sleeping in the night
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8613 posts
3053 upvotes
Rinse only, daily. Soap of any kind never really touches my head, unless to wash off sunscreen....

I am bald btw, but there is some hair up there / on the sides between shaves.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6399 posts
1210 upvotes
Maybe twice a week. I have a voluminous mane of curly hair and I co-wash twice a week but will use a cleansing/clarifying shampoo or low poo once every two weeks or so. No chance in he!! that I wouldn’t use styling products lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13186 posts
2213 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Once a week.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Aug 8, 2019
342 posts
197 upvotes
I used to shampoo daily, but switched to every 3 days since few months ago.
At first hair will get noticeably oily on the first day I skipped.
Progressively, hair adapts and gets less and less oily on its own.
It only got very oily at first because hair needs oil and try to compensate shampoo getting rid of it.
After a while it knows it will have enough time to produce oil over 3 days and slows down.
Probably I can prolong to 5-7 days and hair will adapt, but every 3 days is convenient for me to match my workout schedule.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9281 posts
10819 upvotes
Vancouver
Daily wash with warm water only in the shower, with a vigorous scrub with my fingers. Excess oil comes off on my fingers, leaving just the right amount behind. I then just wash my hands. It has been more than 4 months since I last used anything other than water. I've become a total convert to the no-shampoo method. My hair has never looked better or healthier, and my wife agrees!