Health & Wellness

How oftendo you get a massage?

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2015 5:49 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 17, 2015
5 posts
Outremont, QC

How oftendo you get a massage?

How often do you get a massage from a professional in a spa? The last time I did this was 2 months ago. I randomly passed by a spa and thought of getting a body massage and it was so relaxing and refreshing so I'm thinking of going back before the month ends and actually I think I will make this a habit of going at least once a month. :)
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2062 posts
1015 upvotes
VANCOUVER
My employer covers massage from a registered massage therapist so I can space it out for the year and go twice a month for 1 hour each session. More people should take advantge of it if they have the option.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
I like to do twice a month. That one hour is pure bliss, but I get more of a sports massage.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4328 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: I like to do twice a month. That one hour is pure bliss, but I get more of a sports massage.
Is that when you get to massage the person that's massaging you?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2062 posts
1015 upvotes
VANCOUVER
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Is that when you get to massage the person that's massaging you?
GFE / Full Service
Member
Mar 4, 2015
401 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sounds amazing! I prefer acupuncture because I find it more effective for pain but if you can go over month or few months that is amazing. You should also check with your insurance plan if it is a registered therapist. Some employers cover up to $500 of massage per year. Def be work looking into if you are going to go every month.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
20083 posts
3953 upvotes
Toronto
I've gotten one before at the place my girlfriend goes to (one of the Sutherland Chan locations). I'm a bit hard to please as one of my exes used to give me great massages and none of them since have come close. The guy at RMT place I went to didn't really have the greatest technique, and by the end of it I actually felt a bit more sore than when I went in. I always pass by these places, but I'm always worried people will think I'm going to one of 'those' massage parlors, or that I'll end up in one by mistake.

I really could use someone who knows what they're doing, though, especially the two days after a heavy workout.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: I've gotten one before at the place my girlfriend goes to (one of the Sutherland Chan locations). I'm a bit hard to please as one of my exes used to give me great massages and none of them since have come close. The guy at RMT place I went to didn't really have the greatest technique, and by the end of it I actually felt a bit more sore than when I went in. I always pass by these places, but I'm always worried people will think I'm going to one of 'those' massage parlors, or that I'll end up in one by mistake.

I really could use someone who knows what they're doing, though, especially the two days after a heavy workout.
Yeah, I had a massage at Sutherland and I thought the dude was pretty good, but then felt sore afterwards, but now I feel fine, so sometimes it takes awhile for the pain to go away. Keep stretching!

...and ouch on the exes remark, don't let the current Ms read that
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Banned
Jul 23, 2015
9 posts
I've been to many massage places and feel like the best one is Vitera at Vic Park and Sheppard
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5575 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto
Can I get unbiased, not self-interest recommendations for massage spots. Looking to go once a month. Has to be rmt since that's what benefits cover.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1504 upvotes
Once or twice a month, deep-tissue.

I'm surprised at you guys feeling comfy with dude massages...!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
5834 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Is that when you get to massage the person that's massaging you?
DDHLeigh wrote: GFE / Full Service
These guys know what's going on in here.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6851 posts
1932 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peanutz wrote: Once or twice a month, deep-tissue.

I'm surprised at you guys feeling comfy with dude massages...!
It would be ideal to have some attractive woman massaging you but for me it whoever gets the job done since i have a medical condition.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1536 posts
357 upvotes
AndyLee wrote: I've been to many massage places and feel like the best one is Vitera at Vic Park and Sheppard
Isn't that place suddenly closed?!?!
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)