Art and Photography

How is the passport photo service in Shoppers drug mart?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 1:17 am
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
109 posts
37 upvotes

How is the passport photo service in Shoppers drug mart?

Do they do a good job? where do you usually take your passport photo?
22 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18391 posts
2207 upvotes
Woodbridge
Costco.

Take it to Wal-Mart if you're not a member.

Seriously, go with the cheapest. It a passport photo. I'm sure SDM more than the two.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
May 11, 2007
959 posts
712 upvotes
Kitchener
costco, walmart or whoever does it for cheap. SDM is pricey.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4431 posts
2525 upvotes
Cost of a passport photo to a retailer is 4-6 cents.

Go for the cheapest.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18362 posts
5694 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, the photos are to standard and you can get more than just a Canadian passport. However, Shoppers has gone up in price (I guess due to convenience) so if that's important to you, go ahead.

You simply ask the cashier that you'd like to have a passport photo taken and they will call the appropriate staff to take the photo.
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
109 posts
37 upvotes
bembol wrote: Costco.

Take it to Wal-Mart if you're not a member.

Seriously, go with the cheapest. It a passport photo. I'm sure SDM more than the two.
Thanks..

Need to take a PR card photo and a photo for citizenship at the same time.
5 years ago when I update my PR card I used a local photo shop, and the Photos got rejected... don't want it to happen again.

I broke my leg couple weeks ago, so I‘m not convenient to drive... But there's a SDM right at my condo. So I wonder if anyone tried it before.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
109 posts
37 upvotes
bhrm wrote: Cost of a passport photo to a retailer is 4-6 cents.

Go for the cheapest.
Thanks..

5 years ago when I update my PR card I used a local photo shop, and the Photos got rejected... don't want it to happen again.

I broke my leg couple weeks ago, so I‘m not convenient to drive... But there's a SDM right at my condo. So I wonder if anyone tried it before.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
109 posts
37 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Yes, the photos are to standard and you can get more than just a Canadian passport. However, Shoppers has gone up in price (I guess due to convenience) so if that's important to you, go ahead.

You simply ask the cashier that you'd like to have a passport photo taken and they will call the appropriate staff to take the photo.
Thanks..

Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18362 posts
5694 upvotes
Toronto
BatmoBeal wrote: Thanks..

Shoppers does a lot of passport photos. Just make sure the background is white (when you see the photos) and you should be fine. They stamp the photo as well.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4431 posts
2525 upvotes
BatmoBeal wrote: Thanks..

Just make sure you tell them what it's for. PR and passport photo specs are different. The bigger scam is they may charge you twice since it's for two things..
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
109 posts
37 upvotes
bhrm wrote: Just make sure you tell them what it's for. PR and passport photo specs are different. The bigger scam is they may charge you twice since it's for two things..
Went there and asked about the specs, staff said PR and passport are the same spec now
Nov 21, 2006
562 posts
329 upvotes
The quality at Shoppers drug mart is terrible.
It's your picture - respect yourself and spend a couple more dollars
Nov 29, 2011
958 posts
336 upvotes
Milton
There are requirements for passport photos, which you can read about here.

All that matters is that the photos you get adhere to those requirements.

Any major place like Costco or Shoppers should be fine. I've even had ones done at a local photo store in the mall and they were fine too. You just make sure they're being done specifically for passport photos.