Cell Phones

How to port out 3 numbers on a Rogers share plan to separate carriers without losing any?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2018 9:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3780 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto

How to port out 3 numbers on a Rogers share plan to separate carriers without losing any?

I have a question for someone in the know on the details. I have spoken to two rogers reps who have no idea the details. This going to be confusing so I apologize in advance.

The contract is up on a Rogers share plan. Each number of the plan are going on their own plan at different companies.

AAAA is the main line who pays the highest amount for the actual data.
BBBB and CCCC are the additional numbers on the line that share that data.

How do each port out to separate accounts without losing the numbers? If AAAA the main line walks into Koodo and ports their number, what happens to BBBB and CCCC once the account is cancelled? Do we have a couple days for the other two numbers to get their plans set up too?

This is been super confusing trying to get a straight answer on how I can port out 3 numbers without losing them.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3780 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
That is helpful, thanks. I guess it doesn't actually cancel the account when the main line is ported out, it just assigns the main line to a new number. So I guess to port out 3 numbers that transfer will have to be done twice.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3495 posts
1260 upvotes
Woodbridge
Yeah, that's how I'm reading it as well. Based on the experiences reported there, the account number gets passed down to the next most senior number. They recommend, if possible, to port the newest numbers out first; however, people on there said that the "primary" number ported out first with no issues.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14454 posts
12355 upvotes
Going to the Moon
It only matters if any of the numbers are staying behind with Rogers. Since numbers A, B, & C are porting out, sabotaging your Rogers share plan doesn't matter at all. Take number A to carrier X, number B to carrier Y, number C to carrier Z.

If there are issues porting out, have Rogers port to prepaid first, then port to another carrier. Even then, shouldn't be an issue.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]