how to purchase Vanguard mutual fund?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2016
1294 posts
684 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I thought i read you could buy the funds at qtrade.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
romeocanada wrote: dont you feel there are index component companies who are blindly getting investor dollars popping their share prices because passive investors are too busy to even understand what the index contains? I feel there is alpha out there for active managers to beat passive guys for next few years.
The myth about index investing is distorting the market been debunked many times. First of all because index fund buying/selling share of ALL companies within index according to MARKET weight (and you'll find the P/E of companies inside S&P500 is VERY different)
And because S&P is ~98% cap of whole US market, we could say there is no distortion as 98% of the market get "pooing their shares" NOT the some selected ones :)

Regarding ability of actively managed funds to beat the index - besides VERY few managed to this consistently, we all know the "winners" postfactum. The problem that 99% of them FAILED to beat the index on long run and NOBODY have the crystal ball to pick up 1% in ADVANCE, not in back testing :)

The Warren Buffet experiment showed it's quite clear - how hard to find the RIGHT active fund to beat the index. He had few very competent (and resource rich) opponents but they didn't managed
to beat passive guys
Make the face great again

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)