Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: how to report an annoying downvoter

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 3:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2616 posts
1181 upvotes

how to report an annoying downvoter

There's a guy who's been trying to downvote all my threads. Some of the threads are from 2014, are downvoted on Aug 4th, 2020!!! like this one: costco-18v-1-4-bosch-li-ion-impact-driv ... #p20053159

Is it possible to report this loser?
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Share:
16 replies
Moderator
May 28, 2012
11002 posts
3153 upvotes
Saskatoon
Message a moderator or report your thread with that reason and we'll look into it. Your particular downvoter has been given a warning. If it continues, let us know.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8550 posts
3950 upvotes
Markham
How do you know who downvoted your post? I thought we only know upvote?
Moderator
May 28, 2012
11002 posts
3153 upvotes
Saskatoon
smartie wrote: How do you know who downvoted your post? I thought we only know upvote?
Moderators and admin can see downvotes. Personally, I'm not a fan of the down vote function...in all my time here, I've never given one out.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
18379 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge
Seriously who gives two shits?

Whatever makes them happy. I got down voted for asking, favourite Bowls? LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2616 posts
1181 upvotes
bembol wrote: Seriously who gives two shits?

Whatever makes them happy. I got down voted for asking, favourite Bowls? LOL

I don't mind being downvoted if the supposedly-hot deal I posted was cold! But seriously, downvote a 2014 hot-deal post in 2020????
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13551 posts
8516 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Maybe person didn't know it was a 2014 thread. If you did find out who the person is, you going to give them a hurting real bad?
bogolisk wrote: I don't mind being downvoted if the supposedly-hot deal I posted was cold! But seriously, downvote a 2014 hot-deal post in 2020????

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2616 posts
1181 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Maybe person didn't know it was a 2014 thread. If you did find out who the person is, you going to give them a hurting real bad?
Unlikely! After logging in RFD, I saw that I have around 40 notifications: around 40 of my posts in expired-deals, most from years ago, got downvoted, all at the same time. And that happened several times.

If I knew who it was, I'd just ask him: what I wrote was so offending that got his panties in bunch.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13551 posts
8516 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
lol oh yeah.....someone has a vendetta for ya!
bogolisk wrote: Unlikely! After logging in RFD, I saw that I have around 40 notifications: around 40 of my posts in expired-deals, most from years ago, got downvoted, all at the same time. And that happened several times.

If I knew who it was, I'd just ask him: what I wrote was so offending that got his panties in bunch.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1827 posts
808 upvotes
London
bogolisk wrote: There's a guy who's been trying to downvote all my threads. Some of the threads are from 2014, are downvoted on Aug 4th, 2020!!! like this one: costco-18v-1-4-bosch-li-ion-impact-driv ... #p20053159

Is it possible to report this loser?
I only took a look at the thread you reference.
The criticsm looks legit, as only 3 hours later a poster said the image link didn't work and it appears it was never fixed.
Post properly, or people will down vote.
bogolisk wrote: I don't mind being downvoted if the supposedly-hot deal I posted was cold! But seriously, downvote a 2014 hot-deal post in 2020????
People go back and reference items, based on searching for that item.
They must have hit a dead end and are annoyed due the failings above.
bembol wrote: Seriously who gives two shits?

Whatever makes them happy. I got down voted for asking, favourite Bowls? LOL
This.
I don't know you(OP), and didn't give any down votes, but from what I see here I would suggest your attitude may be part of it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
13230 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
This topic keeps coming up every few months. *sigh* Srusly, do you all really care?? It does not affect upvotes (the little number that shows on your public avvie profile is total upvotes, not net). This isnt Reddit where the biased subforum cockroaches and their little troll of idiots like to gang up on certain members they dont like just to have them banned from that subforum by downvoting every comment.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4336 posts
976 upvotes
The new reality . Rather then ignore negativity . People have the need to report to big brother . Big brother loves people relying on them . It gives them perceived power over people.
Still serving a 90 day suspension from " off topic "and "politics "May 21,2020.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5194 posts
1986 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: Unlikely! After logging in RFD, I saw that I have around 40 notifications: around 40 of my posts in expired-deals, most from years ago, got downvoted, all at the same time. And that happened several times.

If I knew who it was, I'd just ask him: what I wrote was so offending that got his panties in bunch.
I would have thought that deals could no longer be voted (up or down) once moved to expired. Surely at that point there is no longer a deal to vote on?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8550 posts
3950 upvotes
Markham
Manatus wrote: I would have thought that deals could no longer be voted (up or down) once moved to expired. Surely at that point there is no longer a deal to vote on?
Now you can. But you just gave a very good suggestion for RFD
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8550 posts
3950 upvotes
Markham
Not related to OP.

But I recently just found out how people subscribe notifications that they got notification for each reply, quotation, mentions, vote. Even each modification on the post.

I was literally shocked. Like do we really need care others that much? And I don't know why RFD needs this function honestly

Doesn't happiness mean know your value instead of your image in others mind?

Top