How to schedule a transfer between TD accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2022 1:44 pm
[OP]
Jan 2, 2006
341 posts
22 upvotes

How to schedule a transfer between TD accounts

Ok, this is so basic... I haven't figured out how to schedule a transfer between TD accounts... I'm in the middle of the Smith Manuevre so I need to pay the interest off the HELOC that I'm borrowing, but TD's easyweb interface only allows me to transfer from my personal account against the revolving portion of my LOC immediately, and there's no way to schedule the transfer...

What this means is I have to remember when the interest payment is due and go in and transfer/pay the interest... I've been busy w life and forgot the last 2 months, but thankfully TD pulled the money from my personal chequing account directly 7 days after the due date (I hope this doens't affect my credit rating as a missed payment)...

Any TD experts here ?

Seems like a fundamental flaw w TD here... My Simplii and other bank accounts that I've used seemed to have had this feature...
2 replies
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4047 posts
4089 upvotes
Montreal
You better call TD and ask if they have any Pre-Authorized Debit ("PAD") for LOC similar as the TD credit card form so TD will automatically pull the minimum amount payment (interest) from your TD chequing account on the due date.

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... ent_EN.pdf

Otherwise, you could try to add TD LOC as a bill payment and schedule (every month) to pay a fixed amount for your TD LOC interest automatically before the due date.

If the interest rate changes then you have to readjust your fixed amount payment.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
5129 posts
1596 upvotes
does it matter?
you should be able to setup PAYEE with that TD account number. I have done it two TD account. It works from both sized. hope this helps.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.