Wheels and Tires

How to sell a 2001 honda easily in hamilton?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 3:06 pm
Sep 26, 2009
89 posts
8 upvotes

How to sell a 2001 honda easily in hamilton?

Hi I'm about to buy a used car and need to sell a 2001 honda accord with a leaking fuel line. 210k body is a bit banged up with a bit of rust.

What do you think is the best way to sell it? Not looking to spend a lot of time on this unless the roi is significant.
tradein?
junkyark?
kijiji/autotrader?

How much do you think i should get for it?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
worth $500 ?

people on kijiji are listing theirs around $2000. You can do the same and hope for the best.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Wash the car, wipe down the engine make it look good then put it on Kijiji for $1,500 then somebody will come offer you between $500 - $1,000 range. Accept and sell done.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6343 upvotes
Winnipeg
sickcars wrote: Wash the car, wipe down the engine make it look good then put it on Kijiji for $1,500 then somebody will come offer you between $500 - $1,000 range. Accept and sell done.
anyone who knows anything about buying used car knows that clean engine bay makes it suspicious, but at that price maybe nobody cares as long as it moves.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7099 upvotes
West GTEH!
jamie2377356 wrote: Hi I'm about to buy a used car and need to sell a 2001 honda accord with a leaking fuel line. 210k body is a bit banged up with a bit of rust.

What do you think is the best way to sell it? Not looking to spend a lot of time on this unless the roi is significant.
tradein?
junkyark?
kijiji/autotrader?

How much do you think i should get for it?
List it on Autotrader. People are always looking for Used vehicles.
😎
Banned
Feb 19, 2021
53 posts
42 upvotes
You can fix & sell certified for more $$$ or list "As is" and list broken parts in ad. You will get lowball offers, but also filter out people who will lose interest after learning what needs fixing.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Realyl depends on the car and person. I keep my car very clean and looking good in the warmer months & would not consider it bad if I was selling. But also i said to wipe it down to make it look a little better to show that he tries to maintain it. Now if he was to go all out and wash everything and put a spray on it to make everything look shiny and new then yes I would question it on an older car.
divx wrote: anyone who knows anything about buying used car knows that clean engine bay makes it suspicious, but at that price maybe nobody cares as long as it moves.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6343 upvotes
Winnipeg
sickcars wrote: Realyl depends on the car and person. I keep my car very clean and looking good in the warmer months & would not consider it bad if I was selling. But also i said to wipe it down to make it look a little better to show that he tries to maintain it. Now if he was to go all out and wash everything and put a spray on it to make everything look shiny and new then yes I would question it on an older car.
Yeah I don't know about buying an used vehicle with engine bay that looks like it just came out of the factory floor.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
There is a good market on old Hondas.
My friend sold her 1998 Honda Civic EX for $1000 with over 200k KM last year.

List it for $1000 or $1200 on kijiji, The car will be gone by next week-end if you are willing to let go for few hundreds.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015