• Aug 17th, 2013 9:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga

How sell items on Kijji

i'm not sure if this was the right place to post this, but I'm selling a Sealed Intel i7 4770k for 330 on kijji$

I have a buyer in Ottawa, willing to spend an extra 10-20$ if I ship it to him.

How would I do this? Usually I ignore stuff like this, but this guy doesn't seem like a scammer. At the very least he's not as obvious as other the emails I received before. (Another guy asked me to ship it to Africa)

What would be the safest way to send him the CPU and for me to get and keep my money. I don't want him pretend he never got it, or tell me its damaged and ask for another one and I don't want him to start a claim against me for some stupid reason, I usually lose on those things. Just a fair exchange.

I was thinking of sending the CPU with CanadaPost with tracking and maybe signature if it isn't expensive. Not sure how the insurance works. But I'm stuck on how to get the money from the guy.
5 replies
Oct 24, 2006
648 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I only do local sales when using outlets like Kijiji and Craigslist, and I recommend you do the same. Kijiji and Craigslist both heavily warn against non local sales, and for good reason. Unless you are hurting for cash, save yourself the trouble.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
alrite, thanks I'll just find a local buyer
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
Within Canada is okay as long as they have a feedback profile of some sort to refer to. (ebay, heatware, other forum vouches, etc.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)