How to stop dog marking outside

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2018 12:39 am
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: Ultimately, that's your decision!
The fact that you provided several instances of the dogs chasing family members on your own private property, where it should be considered a safe haven; I would pursue a more permanent solution other than cayenne pepper.
This is a totally different situation, as I dont have proof of whos dog it is. Or if it is a dog, although the height of the marking I doubt its a tom cat.

The other, I did have proof, and took care of it using the legal means necessary. In the winter its not as much of an occurrence, especially this winter since its been so cold and with tons of snow, so not a lot out of outside activity. I cant go shooting a dog running down a public road.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
WikkiWikki wrote: This is a totally different situation, as I dont have proof of whos dog it is. Or if it is a dog, although the height of the marking I doubt its a tom cat.

The other, I did have proof, and took care of it using the legal means necessary. In the winter its not as much of an occurrence, especially this winter since its been so cold and with tons of snow, so not a lot out of outside activity. I cant go shooting a dog running down a public road.
No Sir, you can't!
If it's is a threat on your property; the people are on your side.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: No Sir, you can't!
If it's is a threat on your property; the people are on your side.
Your posts are confusing. You say this

It seems you don't want to do anything...?
Either deal with the problem or don't bitch about it!

How can I deal with it when it currently doesnt happen, since this dog isnt breaking rules of running down the road. Maybe it does come on our property.

If it comes down to chasing people again come spring time, measures will be taken
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
WikkiWikki wrote: Your posts are confusing. You say this

How can I deal with it when it currently doesnt happen, since this dog isnt breaking rules of running down the road. Maybe it does come on our property.

If it comes down to chasing people again come spring time, measures will be taken
Sorry for the confusion, as it appears you are not taking it sereioulsy as I would.
How about setting surveillance and then showing the feeds to the neighbors to see if it's their dog?
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: Sorry for the confusion, as it appears you are not taking it sereioulsy as I would.
How about setting surveillance and then showing the feeds to the neighbors to see if it's their dog?
Sure I could do that, and waste a bunch of money and time I dont want to. I asked for a solution to a certain problem, now you have brought it down to me not wanting to do anything and shooting random dogs

Do you live in a rural area? So at the first sign of dog trouble, you would shoot it, no questions asked. What kind of gun do you have? No questions asked, maybe the dog got out accidently, and they are looking for it where you live. Do you own livestock its threating on a regular basis. Shoot first, ask later?

It seems RFD isnt a place for help for a lot of people, but a place to shit on others that they dont know, all hiding behind their keyboard
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
WikkiWikki wrote: Sure I could do that, and waste a bunch of money and time I dont want to. I asked for a solution to a certain problem, now you have brought it down to me not wanting to do anything and shooting random dogs

Do you live in a rural area? So at the first sign of dog trouble, you would shoot it, no questions asked. What kind of gun do you have? No questions asked, maybe the dog got out accidently, and they are looking for it where you live. Do you own livestock its threating on a regular basis. Shoot first, ask later?

It seems RFD isnt a place for help for a lot of people, but a place to shit on others that they dont know, all hiding behind their keyboard
Good way to try and turn things around?

You said it, not me...good luck to you! :facepalm:
Whats a good outside deterrant to stop neighbours digs from marking, We have a hot tub that constantly is getting marked on. We don't live in the city, so it could be anyones dog.

One derserves to be shot, its chased my five year old niece on our own property, barks at us when we are in our yard, has chased me on my own property. Its rushed my son as well, and this is all on our own property,

We reported it, and afetr that they stopped talking to us, built a huge fence with a huge double gate on their driveway. They used it for two days, and then stopped. So now it just roams. So
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Install electric fence, problem solved.
WikkiWikki wrote: Your posts are confusing. You say this

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: Good way to try and turn things around?

You said it, not me...good luck to you! :facepalm:
Ive been a lurker on this site for awhile, and am always leary posting here, due to users like you. Ready to pounce on anything they can find. You didnt even come in here to help did you, you just came in here to do what you probably do in tons of other threads

So I say one deserves to be shot, means I should do it? Or it means I will do it?

You also answered zero of my questions either. Why is that, all talk, no action. Im thinking you are the type that look good on paper and talk a lot on here, but when it comes down to actual crunch time of having to deal with a situation, you would probably fold like a piece of paper.

Whats the word Im looking for, a troll. Does it make you feel superior to me now. Make you feel good?
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Install electric fence, problem solved.
Install it where, around acres and acres of land? Over my driveway where I would have to take it down everytime I leave my house? Unless I cover every spot, its pointless. And costly to due to the area, and I dont want to have an electric fence where I have to worry about humans being shocked by accident
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Feb 12th, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
WikkiWikki wrote: Ive been a lurker on this site for awhile, and am always leary posting here, due to users like you. Ready to pounce on anything they can find. You didnt even come in here to help did you, you just came in here to do what you probably do in tons of other threads

So I say one deserves to be shot, means I should do it? Or it means I will do it?

You also answered zero of my questions either. Why is that, all talk, no action. Im thinking you are the type that look good on paper and talk a lot on here, but when it comes down to actual crunch time of having to deal with a situation, you would probably fold like a piece of paper.

Whats the word Im looking for, a troll. Does it make you feel superior to me now. Make you feel good?
Lol, yeah, take out your issue on me and let the loose dogs roam your yard.LMAO!
I wish you were neighbor; as you seem to be a real pushover!
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Buy yourself a cheap IP camera and have it record the hot tub. Find out who's dog it is and approach the owner about it. If they don't deal with it, then report them.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Shaner wrote: Buy yourself a cheap IP camera and have it record the hot tub. Find out who's dog it is and approach the owner about it. If they don't deal with it, then report them.
That would work, besides doing an entire system. What are some cheap simple options. Something thats wireless and records local to a hard drive
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Feb 12th, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: Lol, yeah, take out your issue on me and let the loose dogs roam your yard.LMAO!
I wish you were neighbor; as you seem to be a real pushover!
Doubt we would be, dont think you would live outside the city long
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: That would work, besides doing an entire system. What are some cheap simple options. Something thats wireless
Wyzecam is a cheap option, you just need to ensure it's protected from rain/snow as it's not meant for outdoors. There's probably other ones that are meant for outdoors, but I don't know of any specific models off the top of my head. I can't think of any way to stop it other than dealing with the root cause, which is the owners. I live in a rural area too so I do sometimes see dogs roaming, but I've never had any problems (mostly because my dogs keep other animals away)
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Shaner wrote: Wyzecam is a cheap option, you just need to ensure it's protected from rain/snow as it's not meant for outdoors. There's probably other ones that are meant for outdoors, but I don't know of any specific models off the top of my head. I can't think of any way to stop it other than dealing with the root cause, which is the owners. I live in a rural area too so I do sometimes see dogs roaming, but I've never had any problems (mostly because my dogs keep other animals away)
Thanks. I wonder if just a simple webcam on record would work to. I have a window or two close I could point it at, and just have it on record all the time. Just to catch it and have proof. Be able to show bylaw then at least. Unless its a dog I recognize, I wont be able to go to the neighbours and show them anyway.

I think I saw a thread with that type of cam on sale for $20 on here
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Feb 12th, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
WikkiWikki wrote: Doubt we would be, dont think you would live outside the city long
Who's the talker now?
Deal with your issue and stop whinning!
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Shaner wrote: Wyzecam is a cheap option, you just need to ensure it's protected from rain/snow as it's not meant for outdoors. There's probably other ones that are meant for outdoors, but I don't know of any specific models off the top of my head. I can't think of any way to stop it other than dealing with the root cause, which is the owners. I live in a rural area too so I do sometimes see dogs roaming, but I've never had any problems (mostly because my dogs keep other animals away)
Now that you put this is my head, I forgot my neighbour has some trail cams he uses to record deer down his coulee. Ill just borrow one for awhile. Just never thought about it until this suggestion
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
vkizzle wrote: Who's the talker now?
Deal with your issue and stop whinning!
Thanks for the repeated advice. I am by discovering whats doing it first.

By the way, what gun do you own for your shooting?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3537 posts
1279 upvotes
Ottawa
A motion detecting trail cam would be inexpensive and let you know who/what is responsible. Just use an SD card and check it on your computer in the daytime (or whenever).

Plus, trail cams are fun to see what happens on a rural property. We had two on our rural recreational property and saw all kinds of wildlife. If you have kids, that'd be something they'd be interested in.