• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2020 7:58 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
113 posts
33 upvotes

How is teksavvy dsl 50 ?

Hi, I plan on getting teksavvy dsl 50. Speed is more than enough for my family and myself. I entered my address on their website and they support this service for my house.

Any positive or negative comments about teksavvy dsl 50? Is it using bell's fiber line? Is uptime good?

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4155 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using it for a few years now and I don't have any issues at all. Uptime has been great and I always love their support if it is ever required.

I am hoping they start rolling out fiber packages soon.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Sep 13, 2011
851 posts
509 upvotes
Québec
it's like any other third party VDSL.
Oct 12, 2005
248 posts
40 upvotes
Markham, ON
I had TekSavvy DSL 50 between May 2018 & September 2019. Had TekSavvy DSL 5 (July 2007), DSL 6 (Feb. 2012), and DSL 15 (Dec. 2016) before, and I'm currently using TekSavvy Cable 150.

There were no issues with the DSL 50 service during the time I used it. Other than the regularly scheduled maintenance, there were no major disruptions, except there was one time a hydro worker was digging nearby, and knocked out power for about three blocks and TekSavvy actually kept working until the battery power of my UPS ran out.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10852 posts
2691 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
have been with Teksavvy for over 12 years, started with 3mbit DSL and now I'm currently on 50mbit VDSL. No issues with their service its been great. Its even better because you are supporting a company that actually fights for you against bell/rogers

At the end of the day it does depend on your phone line in the area and in your home. If you have bad old lines you may have issues as I did when it came to getting faster speeds but I simply ran a new Cat6 cable from the Demarc box on the side of my home to my office so I got a direct line that bypasses old phone lines inside our home. No issues.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: have been with Teksavvy for over 12 years, started with 3mbit DSL and now I'm currently on 50mbit VDSL. No issues with their service its been great. Its even better because you are supporting a company that actually fights for you against bell/rogers

At the end of the day it does depend on your phone line in the area and in your home. If you have bad old lines you may have issues as I did when it came to getting faster speeds but I simply ran a new Cat6 cable from the Demarc box on the side of my home to my office so I got a direct line that bypasses old phone lines inside our home. No issues.
How is your speed. Is it always around 50 or more than that. I am with Bell 50 and I am getting 65. I am curious if it is the same with Teksavvy or you are locked at 50
I am looking for a new provider as well and I am considering Teksavvy, Start and Virgin mobile.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10852 posts
2691 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Advertised is 50/10
Actual for me, 51/11.5 Range Constantly

discostar wrote: How is your speed. Is it always around 50 or more than that. I am with Bell 50 and I am getting 65. I am curious if it is the same with Teksavvy or you are locked at 50
I am looking for a new provider as well and I am considering Teksavvy, Start and Virgin mobile.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: Advertised is 50/10
Actual for me, 51/11.5 Range Constantly
Thanks, that sounds good. What modem do you use. Teksavvy provides Smart RG SR515AC, is it any good or you are using something else.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1081 posts
534 upvotes
It depends on how much you're going to be paying for it
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10852 posts
2691 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I have the smartrg 505n which is the model before the 515AC. from what I heard its just as good but the new model has updated wifi.
discostar wrote: Thanks, that sounds good. What modem do you use. Teksavvy provides Smart RG SR515AC, is it any good or you are using something else.
0_o
<_<
>_>