Personal Finance

How to tell if T4s and Paystubs are Fake?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 8:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
mikeymike1 wrote: Well I don't buy that for a second.
The post looks more like phishing for info (trying to get specific lender institution names) than someone (pretending to be) writing a paper on fraud.
It was sarcasm. Obviously it didn't translate well.
I prefer not to come to rash conclusions about people's motivations. I am always vigilant (hence no loans to people who can't get a loan from a bank who has the capital and resources to price risk) but i do address things in good faith. If someone wants to commit fraud they will find a way and if they have to come to RFD to play us they are very small time losers.
But if we assume everyone who is unconventional is up to malfeasance then we will become paranoid mobs very quickly.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
User455957 wrote: Op plans on using fake documents to obtain a loan

He's just feeling out the questions to see if he should try it
+1
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
User455957 wrote: Op plans on using fake documents to obtain a loan

He's just feeling out the questions to see if he should try it
This is exactly what's going on here.
His other posts (pretending to be writing a thesis on fraud) all have the same approach to the topic. Pretend to be the lender to try phish info for a purpose and how not to get caught.

Every lending division includes procedures and processes that are required to be signed off by the verification and compliance dept. Highly suspect the OP is trying to find a way to circumvent these procedures for personal gain.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, want to lend us all some money? You can be the Boxing Day deal of the year.