How to throw a company to a toilet, Toys 'R' US edition

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 12:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote: Yes, it is taking control of my kid lol. Any tips on how to get him out of it?
Well, as I said we don't even have iPad at home... so there :) But at the end, you just have to be firm, very firm, when enough is enough and tell the kids to stop (same with TV, 1 of my kids can sit and watch all day I'm sure). Find something else to do/play WITH the kids.

Ok, back to the stocks instead of parenting/kids :)
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: My kids still want to go see toy stores and buy new toys. We don't have any iPads, and we don't let them use our phones. They do play with iPads, when in grandparent's home however. Do watch tv at home tho.

I'm sure iPads can occupy the kids 100%.
Not sure if playing on electronic is healthy for children. IPad is good to shut them out during outings but not too sure doing it long term. It's similar to online gaming addiction.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2372 upvotes
Ottawa
spike1128 wrote: Not sure if playing on electronic is healthy for children. IPad is good to shut them out during outings but not too sure doing it long term. It's similar to online gaming addiction.
Actually, ipads/tablets are bad for the development of small children. I remember reading about this when I was taking education. Children need the tactile-sensory training. If a child is playing with physical blocks, they can feel the size, they can feel the texture, they can feel how heavy it is. They can connect that feeling with looking at it. seeing a rubber block vs seeing a wood block and connecting it to how it feels. When you are playing block games on a tablet, it is all see, no touch. you lose all of that touching experience.
boyohboy wrote: That sucks. I still prefer to look at and buy legos in stores.

Maybe TRU can start selling grocery... meh
Everytime a big box store closes it sucks. I like to actually see and touch the clothes I'm buying. 100% cotton can feel vastly different depending on the shirt and the weave. seeing the toy IRL and seeing how big it is. You can't get that aspect when shopping online.