Entrepreneurship & Small Business

How traditional retailers find wholesalers?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 11:23 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2019
8 posts
1 upvote

How traditional retailers find wholesalers?

Hello. I am open retail account with wholesaler for my online business but the thing is I am not being able to find that much good wholesaler. I am searching on google.

But a traditional retailer will not search it on google. So how they find their wholesalers? I will just follow their route to find some wholesaler I can work with for my online wholesale business on amazon or ebay.

Thanks
2 replies
Dec 17, 2009
658 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Traditional wholesalers will have salesmen visit retailers regularly.

Usually at the back of the packaging will have wholesaler or manufactory contact information, you can contact him, and he will tell you who should you contact in your area.

Sometimes, it is cheaper to buy from Walmart or superstore when it is on sale.
Mar 1, 2020
31 posts
3 upvotes
GoldD85549 wrote: Hello. I am open retail account with wholesaler for my online business but the thing is I am not being able to find that much good wholesaler. I am searching on google.

But a traditional retailer will not search it on google. So how they find their wholesalers? I will just follow their route to find some wholesaler I can work with for my online wholesale business on amazon or ebay.

Thanks
All takes time and knocking on doors.

My parents had retail stores both in asian and in canada before. And alot of wholesales either comes to them or once you have 1 they will refer you.

In my experience in Canada it all depends on what type of product you are trying to sell and get.

If the product is made in china then I don't need to tell you where you can start from.

Any brand names you will have to knock on door and hope that someone will refer you to correct department.

WIthout more info it is hard to help.

Anyhow good luck.
"Employee by Day, Entrepreneur by Night"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)