Investing

How to turn off login verification txt msg in Interactive broker? and the site seems very unresponsive at times

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 11:19 pm
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
975 posts
301 upvotes

How to turn off login verification txt msg in Interactive broker? and the site seems very unresponsive at times

I find it quite annoying every time I login to my account they have to send me a verification code in my phone. what the heck? their system should know it's from a secure device, secure IP, right?

I checked user setting and the secure login, there is no option I can turn the txt msg off. any idea? Thanks.

also, I just notice the site sometimes could stop working? have you experienced that?
5 replies
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
975 posts
301 upvotes
What is this means?
"
Secure Login Device Sharing
If you have access to another user that is using a Secure Login Device, you can share that device between multiple usernames. Enter the username and password of the user that has the device you would like to share."

I tried, then got this: You cannot use your own username for device sharing.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
975 posts
301 upvotes
Do you guys also download and install the TWS? how is it? I am hesitant. is it secure for my computer?
Banned
Jun 21, 2021
59 posts
36 upvotes
i dont know all the details but for my phone app i have to enter my password once a week and then send me text for verification.
other than that, it logs in with my face id daily.
i dont recall making any changes.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
975 posts
301 upvotes
peterschiff wrote: i dont know all the details but for my phone app i have to enter my password once a week and then send me text for verification.
other than that, it logs in with my face id daily.
i dont recall making any changes.
Thanks for the info. however I don't use phone. and I don't plan to use phone, even my 34" monitor is not big enough for me. so I guess there is no comparison between phone and pc.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
975 posts
301 upvotes
Watching youtube...hopeful someone will mention these issues.