• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2021 12:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes

How to Watch Super Bowl on Smart TV

So since places are closed due to Covid and such, all of us will be watching the game on tv this Sunday.

My question is how can I watch the game live on my Samsung Smart TV. I know I can watch it on my computer via an online stream, but I'd like to watch it on the 75" and with my home theater setup.

I do not have Rogers or Bell TV. I only have Yupp TV for Indian programming. Is the game going to appear on Canadian channels with the 1/2 time show and US commercials?

I think my Samsung TV does air some live channels that are local, but not sure if the game will be played. Any suggestions will be great!

Thanks
Proud to be an Indian.
Dec 5, 2005
907 posts
552 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
If you can pick up CTV OTA then you will be fine. CTV will simsub though no US commercials
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4026 posts
1619 upvotes
Can you move your computer closer to the TV and use the TV as the monitor?

Or see if you can get an antenna that can pick up CTV or whichever US network is showing it this year (I think it's CBS)

Not sure if TSN has an app that you could subscribe to just for one month, but they might

https://www.tsn.ca/subscribe will have it, it says there is a Samsung Smart TV app and a 1 day subscription is 8 bucks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6087 posts
3161 upvotes
Mississauga
OP didn’t give their location but CBS is the US network broadcasting the Super Bowl OTA. I can receive WIVB (Buffalo CBS affiliate) from my location but it’s not the strongest signal for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
@yyz64 @mrweather @Squirrel99

Thanks for the posts. I don’t have an antenna to pick up further channels. Plus I reside in King City.

Would DAZN work? Is TSN going to stream the game via their app? Any PayPerView options?
Proud to be an Indian.
Oct 13, 2008
4601 posts
1611 upvotes
djemzine wrote: So since places are closed due to Covid and such, all of us will be watching the game on tv this Sunday.

My question is how can I watch the game live on my Samsung Smart TV. I know I can watch it on my computer via an online stream, but I'd like to watch it on the 75" and with my home theater setup.

I do not have Rogers or Bell TV. I only have Yupp TV for Indian programming. Is the game going to appear on Canadian channels with the 1/2 time show and US commercials?

I think my Samsung TV does air some live channels that are local, but not sure if the game will be played. Any suggestions will be great!

Thanks
Get a bet365 account and then stream and cast from there
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Apr 30, 2008
30 posts
22 upvotes
toronto
Stick a paper clip in the coaxial nub and scan for channels..... Did this once at work Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4026 posts
1619 upvotes
djemzine wrote: @yyz64 @mrweather @Squirrel99

Thanks for the posts. I don’t have an antenna to pick up further channels. Plus I reside in King City.

Would DAZN work? Is TSN going to stream the game via their app? Any PayPerView options?

Yes, the TSN app has it for 8 dollars, I linked it in my post
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1890 posts
331 upvotes
DAZN, TSN, CTV. All apps, all stream it.

If you googled it, there are a ton of posts.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6087 posts
3161 upvotes
Mississauga
But if you want to watch the US commercials you're kinda stuck unless you catch it OTA, VPN a US stream or some other IPTV source.
Nov 24, 2019
359 posts
456 upvotes
Saskatoon
If you know that you can watch it on the computer, then just get an HDMI cable to connect the computer to the TV, or a Chromecast.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4026 posts
1619 upvotes
Is there a way to watch in 4k though? TSN and CTV are only showing it in normal HD on Rogers =/ Despite TSN having a 4k channel....

Would be awesome if CTV or TSN app could show it in 4k
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: Is there a way to watch in 4k though? TSN and CTV are only showing it in normal HD on Rogers =/ Despite TSN having a 4k channel....

Oh man. I figured it’d be the same for the DAZN app too.
Proud to be an Indian.
836 posts
119 upvotes
Waterloo
Squirrel99 wrote: Is there a way to watch in 4k though? TSN and CTV are only showing it in normal HD on Rogers =/ Despite TSN having a 4k channel....

Sadly there’s no 4K stream this year. CBS doesn’t have the infrastructure for it.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13750 posts
3773 upvotes
Scarberia
mre wrote: Sadly there’s no 4K stream this year. CBS doesn’t have the infrastructure for it.
wow, smh, billion dollar corp and they can't do it!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2566 posts
153 upvotes
They can but not doing the extra for 4k due to covid
mikka2017 wrote: wow, smh, billion dollar corp and they can't do it!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4026 posts
1619 upvotes
Thread in hot deals says DAZN still has 30 day trial if you didn't want to pay TSN
Dec 14, 2004
836 posts
119 upvotes
Waterloo
BlazinTrini wrote: They can but not doing the extra for 4k due to covid
Yes, apparently they're focused on simply getting it right. That's probably the right call.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4601 posts
1611 upvotes
NFL Network for FREE ... it's on both of my android boxes

IMG_20201203_073432.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2