Computers & Electronics

How and when does Rogers usually deliver price increase notices?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 9:25 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1118 posts
723 upvotes

How and when does Rogers usually deliver price increase notices?

Just noticed my May internet bill increased by $3 (Gigabit package). I thought they probably included the notice of price increase in the previous bill, but I found nothing about a price increase in the last 2 bills which is odd. Is there anyone who has experience with Rogers price increases that can tell me how and when is the price increase notice usually delivered? Thanks.
4 replies
Nov 18, 2008
378 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
I checked my May bill, I also got a $3 increase too.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20021 posts
29412 upvotes
ONTARIO
weird i just got my bill a few days ago and it was the same price as previous months (gigabit internet - $39.99 + tax)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7382 posts
1552 upvotes
Scarborough
Go with ebox, start or tekksavvy and never worry about bill increase again.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18128 posts
4560 upvotes
Toronto
Received notice of the price increase with my 2019-Feb-27 invoice.

Here's the wording:

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR INTERNET SERVICE RATE

Our customers are continuing to use more data on more devices to stream, work and stay connected. We are committed to delivering exceptional Internet service and are constantly investing in our networks and infrastructure to make sure you can take full advantage of the latest technologies and connect more devices today and in the future. To support this ongoing investment, the monthly service fee for your Rogers Internet package will increase by $3 per month plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill on or after April 1, 2019. This increase will be reflected in the total amount you pay each month for your Internet service. Please see the Internet section of this bill for your current monthly rate. If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay the same until your promotional period ends. If your Internet package is included as part of your condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply. The rest of your Rogers Internet service will remain the same. If you have any questions or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please call us at 1-866-673-4107. Thank you for being a Rogers customer.

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR TV SERVICE RATE

Bringing you the latest TV shows, movies and sports you love to watch is what drives us to invest in our network and programming. To support this ongoing investment, the monthly service fee for your base TV package will increase by $3 per month plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill on or after April 1, 2019. This increase will be reflected in the total amount you pay each month for your TV service. Please see the TV section of this bill for your current monthly rate. If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay the same until your promotional period ends. If your TV package is included as part of your condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply. The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code. If you have any questions or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please call us at 1-866-673-4107.