Investing

How to withdraw money from a RBC direct investing account which I'm closing?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2020 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1027 posts
308 upvotes

How to withdraw money from a RBC direct investing account which I'm closing?

Hi,
Anyone know how to send money out without RBC bank account in RBC direct investing? Or I have to open a bank account and close it after I move money out.
Come to RBC with promotion, but I did not get it in the end, stupid employee messed up ........ need to move out. RBC is no better than others.
Thanks.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6563 posts
2942 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Ask for cheque thru secure messaging.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1027 posts
308 upvotes
georvu wrote: Ask for cheque thru secure messaging.
multiple messages asked, zero replied. Need to visit the branch as soon as nearest branch starts working.
Jun 30, 2008
199 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
If you are moving the funds or investments in the account to another bank just tell your other bank, they should be able to transfer from RBC to the other bank without you even needing to contact RBC. Just give them a copy of your account info/statement.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1027 posts
308 upvotes
LOUINSTEIN wrote: If you are moving the funds or investments in the account to another bank just tell your other bank, they should be able to transfer from RBC to the other bank without you even needing to contact RBC. Just give them a copy of your account info/statement.
Sorry, this is not what I need. I need to get money out.