Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 6, 2008
41 posts
3 upvotes
Canada

How are you guys liking the 2016 Civic?

I've been car shopping around and I've come to a point of deciding between a couple of cars; the problem is that the ones I like seem to have some issues that can be hard to overlook.

One of the cars im looking into is the Civic 2016 Touring. I like everything about it. Price, feel, ride, comfort, and especially all the features. The problem is that I found out that it being the new re-design of the civic and it being the first iteration it has some issues with the infotainment system not working properly. People have said theres an update but the update only solves the issue temporarily. Most of these posts were from 2-3 or ever 4+ months ago tho.

Im just wondering how people are enjoying their Civic 2016 at the moment. If they have had any issues with it and your overall satisfaction with the car.

Im deciding between the Mazda3/6, Audi A3, Civic and Elantra.

Thanks
89 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29606 posts
15401 upvotes
Toronto
saw one this morning. What is with those oversized tail lights ? U G L Y !!

License plate BZxx xxx going to see CAxx xxx probably sometimes this month
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3228 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: saw one this morning. What is with those oversized tail lights ? U G L Y !!

License plate BZxx xxx going to see CAxx xxx probably sometimes this month
I'm with you - those lights are a bad design and overall it's not a pretty car.

Also, what's up with the great hatchback type design, but then they make it into a stupid sedan??? The new Tesla Model 3 does the same thing, and the Mazda3 sedan is another example. Just dumb. If you make it look like a hatchback, just make it a hatchback and get all the practicality that comes with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1386 posts
609 upvotes
I like the new model. A big step up in styling from the previous gen. Not as boring as the other generations.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14942 posts
1217 upvotes
Markham
It's an ugly car... Seems like they're trying to compete with Corolla's ugliness, err.. Sportiness...
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
9523 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal, QC
My cousin has had the car for a few months and he likes it. Really if it fits all your needs it's a good car, albeit it's getting fatter every year (like most cars mind you). I'd be hard pressed to call it a "compact" considering it's as big as my mom's boyfriend's Camry :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2302 posts
1315 upvotes
GTA
I like the rear lights. Reminds me of starwars and the tie fighter.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9814 posts
3519 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Akizuki wrote: I like the rear lights. Reminds me of starwars and the tie fighter.
+1 I like the rear lights as well. Actually I find overall design of the car pretty good. Much better than previous gen.

No idea on reliability or driving experience, looks good though.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1685 posts
365 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
wait for the hatchback
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2556 posts
611 upvotes
Ottawa
They went from a family oriented design language to a turtle.

I'd say they were super successful in getting out of the "sport" image. Have you seen who buys new civacs lately?
Mar 21, 2008
231 posts
45 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just went to see one yesterday. I like the car, super nice and the roofline is slick. I might be biased as I am a big Honda fan. I bought a 2006 brand new (first iteration of the 8th gen) and she has been a champ with no issues. Not all first iterations have problems.
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
Its a great car overall, but the rear is very ugly. I still like the rear of the 2006-2011 model. If your able to wait, get the Civic hatchback. It looks far nicer than Civic and is more functional. The Mazda 3 is also another great choice, especially the hatchback. I wouldnt recommend the Hyundai or Audi A3, they have horrible resale value and are not as reliable.
Apr 24, 2006
46 posts
5 upvotes
Burnaby
aeminence wrote: I've been car shopping around and I've come to a point of deciding between a couple of cars; the problem is that the ones I like seem to have some issues that can be hard to overlook.

One of the cars im looking into is the Civic 2016 Touring. I like everything about it. Price, feel, ride, comfort, and especially all the features. The problem is that I found out that it being the new re-design of the civic and it being the first iteration it has some issues with the infotainment system not working properly. People have said theres an update but the update only solves the issue temporarily. Most of these posts were from 2-3 or ever 4+ months ago tho.

Im just wondering how people are enjoying their Civic 2016 at the moment. If they have had any issues with it and your overall satisfaction with the car.

Im deciding between the Mazda3/6, Audi A3, Civic and Elantra.

Thanks
I own Civic 2016 Touring for couple months now and I really like it.

I am not a car enthusiast but I personally like the overall design of the car and there is no issue so with the tech so far. I love how wide it is inside the car and I found the turbo engine makes a difference with driving experience.

The only thing that I don't like is the is a bump in leg area of the the middle rear seat. I would imagine if you are having 3 people sitting in the back, the middle one might not feel comfortable sitting in the car.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
as it always is. overpriced for what you get but that apparently does not stop anyone from buying.
Left rfd
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19112 posts
7188 upvotes
Toronto
I don't like the hatchback style of the Civic. If they made a regular 4 door sedan, it would look good.
Banned
Nov 17, 2014
942 posts
755 upvotes
Ontario
Agree with everyone else. Front is nice but back is beyond ugly. It's just plain weird looking.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6214 posts
2967 upvotes
Kingston, ON
carmaster wrote: I don't like the hatchback style of the Civic. If they made a regular 4 door sedan, it would look good.
Your post is ambiguous, so I just want to check. Your issue is that it looks more like a hatchback than a sedan, right? I just want to make sure, because it actually is a sedan.

I like the styling, but I think I'd like it even more if it was actually a hatch.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14079 posts
9293 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Back light looks funky.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9648 posts
1877 upvotes
Toronto
Hondas scientific experiment on human behaviour.

Ugliness sells because it's a Honda.