Shopping Discussion

How's shopping at Costco nowadays?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2020 2:30 am
Aug 28, 2018
181 posts
91 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
As a side note, please remember to swap out your disposable masks regularly. I was almost a the front of the line, putting on my mask, and the elastic band snapped! Good thing I had a second mask in my pocket.
Not to be rude, but wouldn’t it be better if you put on the mask once you join the line?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
nickthebrick wrote: Not to be rude, but wouldn’t it be better if you put on the mask once you join the line?
It's an outdoor line with 6ft physical distancing. I suppose it would be more urgent in a covid hot-zone, but I'm not in Toronto / Peel / Ottawa / etc. Most people did not wear masks until they got up to the door.
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 24, 2008
749 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone have an answer as to what day/time of day is the most empty at costco

i would like to know specifically for the heartland, mississauga location..but also ok for any location, as they are likely similar

thanks!

i signed up today and went at 9am, and found it to be quite crowded
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
globalc wrote: does anyone have an answer as to what day/time of day is the most empty at costco

i would like to know specifically for the heartland, mississauga location..but also ok for any location, as they are likely similar

thanks!

Completely anecdotal, but I find Mondays and Fridays to be busier as it is likely people are trying to avoid the weekends. Mondays also are when new sales start, so that probably contributes.

In the past I've found going in the 5pm-6pm range was a little quieter as that is a common dinner time. Otherwise, going at 7:30 or later on a weeknight is usually good.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
globalc wrote: does anyone have an answer as to what day/time of day is the most empty at costco

thanks!

Google Maps gives you a excellent idea in the popular times feature in its left pane.
Phils
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14183 upvotes
Toronto

thanks!

that and Scarborough have the be the busiest Costco's anywhere.

Just pick a different location.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1033 posts
391 upvotes
took my first exploratory run and got some nice finds. kirkland brand seems pretty neat. trying their kcups and for my partner, the kirkland version of reactine allergy meds is like 1/3 of the price, while the reactine seemed like 1/2 the price already from regular retailers so pretty lava hot in comparison.

gonna try and scope out all the kirkland brand stuff next time.

trying out the tuxedo cake and the polish dog was ok, but def a great value deal.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Jucius Maximus wrote: As a side note, please remember to swap out your disposable masks regularly. I was almost a the front of the line, putting on my mask, and the elastic band snapped! Good thing I had a second mask in my pocket.
Your location doesn't give masks away? How stingy :D .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)