HP

HP Canada Black Friday Flyer!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 8:26 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1122 posts
1174 upvotes
I haven't used an HP in a while myself, but was looking for a decent basic monochrome model for my MIL.

The instant ink program doesn't really impact laserjets. She'll have 1000 pages with the toner it comes with, and then we can get third-party toner for $24 for 1200 more pages each.
Dec 6, 2011
230 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
MikeMontrealer wrote: I haven't used an HP in a while myself, but was looking for a decent basic monochrome model for my MIL.

The instant ink program doesn't really impact laserjets. She'll have 1000 pages with the toner it comes with, and then we can get third-party toner for $24 for 1200 more pages each.
I agree. I actually looked into replacement toners prior to pressing the checkout button.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
947 upvotes
I'm thinking of the Spectre x360 15. Is there a better option out there? I'd like a 15" 2-in-1 with good graphics and screen for photoshop and light gaming.
Jun 26, 2019
71 posts
14 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Get a laser printer and save so much money. I don't know if color is important to you - if Black and white it's even cheaper: I got a Brother monochrome laser printer for 50 bucks the last time my stupid inkjet died over 10 years ago, and never looked back. It came with a full toner and I bought an extra 3-pack of generic toner replacements for 35-ish on Amazon and still have 1 new one left. If you turn on toner save mode etc, you can easily get 2000+ pages or more on each toner cartridge.
Can we ever get a Brother monochrome laser printer for $50 ?? Does it go on sale for that less ?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2873 posts
3519 upvotes
Vancouver
Chinni wrote: Can we ever get a Brother monochrome laser printer for $50 ?? Does it go on sale for that less ?
I got it over a decade ago and don't remember the exact cost.. So probably not. 80-100 these days definitely can get. If you print alot the savings compared to ink jet will make the initial cost negligible
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2010
1072 posts
306 upvotes
Chinni wrote: Can we ever get a Brother monochrome laser printer for $50 ?? Does it go on sale for that less ?
Used to...i bought one years ago, these days with covid and wfh for everyone forget it bruh. Everything is now $100+ and flying off the shelves...multifunctions are 200+
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6695 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Doh, $40 envy 5070 OOS... wish had seen deal earlier.

Just need mostly for scanning with occasional printing. Already have laser.

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/ ... ack-friday
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Dec 6, 2011
230 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
MikeMontrealer wrote: Just bought this HP LaserJet Pro M118dw, was looking for a cheap monochrome laser printer: https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/ ... lang=en-CA

$104.99 after BFRIDAY25 $25 off coupon code.
Have you received a shipping notification yet? Just wanted to ask as I’m still waiting for it and when I checked HP’s website it says “shipment delays; expected early jan”. TIA!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1122 posts
1174 upvotes
livetilapia wrote: Have you received a shipping notification yet? Just wanted to ask as I’m still waiting for it and when I checked HP’s website it says “shipment delays; expected early jan”. TIA!
Got it delivered yesterday afternoon (!), guess I was lucky enough to order it early...
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Instant Ink is just another name for their DRM on their printer. The inks come with the program is much larger than normal and it prints a lot more. It is supposed to reduce waste and shipping.

The benefit of HP over any other brands is the print head is on the actual cartridge, there is lesser chance of it gumming up and having to toss away the printer.

I am on instant Ink free program and have not paid to print for a year, I know the free plan is done now but $1.25 a month for 15 pages is more than I need.

Quality wise, those cheap printers will still be cheap plastic, don't expect commercial build quality.

Warranty wise is almost always replacement after troubleshooting and I have no issues with a few of them.

Kodak and Lexmark tried to break the market with low cost ink printers with 2 to 5 years warranty, the results were... Kodak went under and Lexmark (Pro 903) had print head issues and had to replace either the printer or the print head. All of those printers print slow and quality was ok on plain paper. How did I know? I sold them and had to take them back for service for about 5 years.

Now Kodak is trying the printer business again by selling after market ink!!
Jul 27, 2018
180 posts
100 upvotes
legacyofprotovirus wrote: I just wanted a x360 Envy Ryzen 5 with 16GB of RAM.
My Kingdom for PREMIUM RYZEN LAPTOP Disappointed Face.
I think I've seen like 2 offerings. *sigh*