Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus PM with FS $125 + SAVE $50-75 with HP rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2012 11:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Is that trade-in rebate good for purchases from any retailer, or just from HP's online store? If it works at B&M stores then I'm surprised they don't do the collection there to cut down on shipping costs.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
canuckkat wrote: The "rebate" is the trade in your old printer promotion. And it's one for one (i.e. you can't trade in 2 old printers for 1 new one).

So I can trade in 3 for 3?? I bought 3 8500A plus at FS on friday on the same receipt.. :lol:
Feb 20, 2005
32 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond, BC
blahraptors wrote: Wish you posted this before I bought the printer! 6500A Plus would have been perfect and would have only cost me $75+tx with the coupon. Still has doc feeder, duplex printing, and print anywhere function.

$25 I believe for non-HP printer.

6500a and 6500a plus don't have rebates
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2004
1116 posts
150 upvotes
Costco Burlington still has lots of 8500a left if anyone wants in for the rebate. There are only about 4-5 on the shelf but i called and checked earlier today and they had over 20 in stock. They have more 6500 near the entrance, don't get confused with those.
When you buy one, the total comes to $130.xx after eco & hst. If you trade in a non-hp printer for the $75 rebate, the final cost is $55. It's a killer deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
Prior to Saturday, I had an HP OJ L7680 in operation. The cyan ink cartridge ran out. Even though I was only going to print black and white, there was no way to skip that warning msg. Turning OFF and ON doesn't do anything.

My options were:

1. Buy a new ink cartridge.
2. Buy a new printer.

So I ended up getting the Canon Pixma 882 on Saturday.

Now that I am seeing this thread, I'm contemplating on returning the Canon Pixma 882 and buy the HP OJ Pro 8500A (non-plus or plus). After googling, there seem to be a lot of negative reviews about the printer. How are your guys experiences so far with it???

I was thinking of just trading in the L7680 if I were to get the 8500A.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
Seks wrote: Prior to Saturday, I had an HP OJ L7680 in operation. The cyan ink cartridge ran out. Even though I was only going to print black and white, there was no way to skip that warning msg. Turning OFF and ON doesn't do anything.

My options were:

1. Buy a new ink cartridge.
2. Buy a new printer.

So I ended up getting the Canon Pixma 882 on Saturday.

Now that I am seeing this thread, I'm contemplating on returning the Canon Pixma 882 and buy the HP OJ Pro 8500A (non-plus or plus). After googling, there seem to be a lot of negative reviews about the printer. How are your guys experiences so far with it???

I was thinking of just trading in the L7680 if I were to get the 8500A.

If you were happy with L7680, you will love this. 88XL cartridges and 940XL cartridges are quite similar, but 940XL has more smudge resistance and is oil based instead of water so it looks better and doesnt dry out.

the 8500a plus at this price is the lowest its ever been..
I can probably assume this is because of the upcoming 8600A, which is VERY similar, but looks more like a spaceship and has a slightly better page yield, although this printer already has among the best in the industry..
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
Hey guys, im in the market for a new printer and have an old non working brother multifunction inkjet here. Im just wondering about the long term on these, my inkjet clogged up or dried out because i dont use it all the time. What about these 8500's? how is the ink longevity in them? or would it be better to wait for a deal on a laserjet instead? I know computers pretty well but dont know a hell of a lot about printers, any advice?
Feb 5, 2008
790 posts
315 upvotes
CANADA
insanity wrote: BTW: don't buy the replacement cartridges from 123cartridges for this, the printer doesn't seem to recognize them and it keeps showing that the cartridges are empty.

That sucks :(

Can anyone else confirm the same problems? I thought 123 uses quality chips?

If not, anyone know where else you can get cheap ink from? Or comment on efficiency/cost of refills for this printer?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
If I go into Staples, will they pricematch FS prices? It's indicated as not in stock on FS website but it does say there are stock in two local FS stores.

How do you convince Staples to pricematch FS if the website is showing OOS?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Seks wrote: If I go into Staples, will they pricematch FS prices? It's indicated as not in stock on FS website but it does say there are stock in two local FS stores.

I hope you're pricematching at Staples because you have a coupon to use and not simply to save two bucks on the PM. ;)
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: I hope you're pricematching at Staples because you have a coupon to use and not simply to save two bucks on the PM. ;)
What coupon are you referring to?

FS is $129 while Staples is $149, hence, that's why I ask about PM :)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
Psyclist wrote: Hey guys, im in the market for a new printer and have an old non working brother multifunction inkjet here. Im just wondering about the long term on these, my inkjet clogged up or dried out because i dont use it all the time. What about these 8500's? how is the ink longevity in them? or would it be better to wait for a deal on a laserjet instead? I know computers pretty well but dont know a hell of a lot about printers, any advice?

The 8500a cartridges have about 4-5 times the longevity of un-used life span, starting at about 6 months of non-usage :)
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Seks wrote: What coupon are you referring to?

FS is $129 while Staples is $149, hence, that's why I ask about PM :)

So how much do you think you will save purchasing at staples using a PM versus buying at FS?

10% of $20 is only $2.00 but if you can convince your local Staples to accept an online coupon (see the Staples coupon thread) it might make sense to drive to Staples instead of Future Shop.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: So how much do you think you will save purchasing at staples using a PM versus buying at FS?

10% of $20 is only $2.00 but if you can convince your local Staples to accept an online coupon (see the Staples coupon thread) it might make sense to drive to Staples instead of Future Shop.
The reason I mentioned Staples is because I have to return the Canon.

Anyways, I did drop by Staples just now. I was told by the staff that they will only PM if I bring in a flyer. But I told them it's on their website and in store so I got them to call one of the stores to verify stock. Returned the Canon and got the HP at FS price. They didn't do the 10% though (didn't really care anyhow).
Feb 18, 2010
727 posts
83 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: Is that trade-in rebate good for purchases from any retailer, or just from HP's online store? If it works at B&M stores then I'm surprised they don't do the collection there to cut down on shipping costs.
You have to "claim" the rebate by filling out an online form, so I believe it should work with purchases from any retailer.
4flava wrote: So I can trade in 3 for 3?? I bought 3 8500A plus at FS on friday on the same receipt.. :lol:
You should be able to. I don't see why not.
Seks wrote: If I go into Staples, will they pricematch FS prices? It's indicated as not in stock on FS website but it does say there are stock in two local FS stores.

I dunno. I managed to do it (manager didn't check the stock). Although I had to PM cuz FS didn't have any left. Apparently it's a clearance model now.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1518 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Any way to PM at Staples and use an online coupon as well?
Jan 26, 2010
3 posts
toronto
it's 8500a, my costco store (heartland center in Mississauga doesn't have any 8500a)price is ($299+$5.4(eco fee)) * 1.13 - $180 = $141.69. free shipping

since it's sold out in FS, I think the best choice is to buy from costco.ca

I just bought it.

peter
Jul 29, 2005
644 posts
10 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ordered from Staples yesterday, received today! It's bigger than I thought, but that's ok. Having fun with this gadget so far. :) Got "paperwork" done and am waiting for shipping label/instructions for trade-in. Thanks OPs
Sep 25, 2007
50 posts
1 upvote
I priced matched with Futureshop as well. Not because I wanted to save 10% (and the fact that every city I live in Staples is located right beside Futureshop,) but the fact that FS had 0 in stock. I'm surprised they didn't call them and give me more of a hassle.

I didn't even have a flyer, I just asked them to check online. Also swapping my current HP printer with my brother's Canon. He gets an upgrade and I get a bonus $25. Everyone wins!

Good deal. I hope that 123inkcartridges will work.. I know someone mentioned earlier otherwise.