Expired Hot Deals

HP

OMEN X Emperium - 65" 4K Gaming Monitor - NVIDIA® G-SYNC® HDR, 144hz - $3999.99 w/ free ship (43% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 1:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1804 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
When Gsync is taken too far.
Jun 4, 2007
515 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
HP Omen Support is very MEH... I dealt with them more then a few times...and was totally underwelmed. Plus they ship from US, and if they don't have new stock, they send out refurb....even if your new product was DOA when it arrived. Their support forums support admins were scripted with canned replies, and offered no assistance when I posted my issues. HP has really gone to carp for their retail business IMHO.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19888 posts
7540 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
A3rr0w wrote: As someone who uses a 48" CX OLED as gaming monitor, let me confirm that 48 is already a bit of a stretch for a desktop monitor.

65 is just plain stupid.
Yeah but where did you find one of those for a reasonable price? I've been waiting for a smaller TV to use as a monitor that isn't a low end POS for what seems like ages and the 48CX pricing is terrible whenever I've looked.
Even a 50 incher that I used on a desk for a while felt like too much though, to the point where you feel like you have to physically move your head around all the time.
Mar 1, 2016
557 posts
218 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: 55" is optimal if you're over 6' tall.
I'm exact 6 feet and I find that I have to push my chair a bit away from my normal position to fully be able to see the 48 inch screen. The monitor is set on a slight elevation above the keyboard but still..
Mar 1, 2016
557 posts
218 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Yeah but where did you find one of those for a reasonable price? I've been waiting for a smaller TV to use as a monitor that isn't a low end POS for what seems like ages and the 48CX pricing is terrible whenever I've looked.
Even a 50 incher that I used on a desk for a while felt like too much though, to the point where you feel like you have to physically move your head around all the time.
I bought one of the first ones to be sold in Toronto and was an early adopter. So didn't get a crazy deal. Was able to get it for 1.8k back then.

For the positioning, I find 48 inches at the max size I can comfortably view and game on. I tried a 55 inch as well and I found it way too big.
Jan 25, 2007
358 posts
175 upvotes
Whitby
A3rr0w wrote: I bought one of the first ones to be sold in Toronto and was an early adopter. So didn't get a crazy deal. Was able to get it for 1.8k back then.

For the positioning, I find 48 inches at the max size I can comfortably view and game on. I tried a 55 inch as well and I found it way too big.
I also got mine for that back in October and yes, I agree the 55" was too big when I tried it. The 48" seems to be the sweet spot for now, although LG is releasing a 42" version this year.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21684 posts
26224 upvotes
A3rr0w wrote: I'm exact 6 feet and I find that I have to push my chair a bit away from my normal position to fully be able to see the 48 inch screen. The monitor is set on a slight elevation above the keyboard but still..
I'm closing in on 6'2" and 55" is perfect for me because I split my screen into a multi-zone monitor. At 55", the screen splits cleanly six ways, on a 48" the screen segments are too narrow.

The 55" panels are also cheaper and with much larger production runs, making them easier to source.

If you get used to 55" , you open the door to a universe of panels. The 48" and 49" panels are niche by comparison.

My two cents.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19888 posts
7540 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
superotaku78 wrote: I also got mine for that back in October and yes, I agree the 55" was too big when I tried it. The 48" seems to be the sweet spot for now, although LG is releasing a 42" version this year.
42 sounds even better to me. Hopefully they're actually cheaper than the 55s.