None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1180 posts
545 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario

HP Replacement/repair policy

I just bought the hp g62 laptop when I noticed the disk drive doesn't work. I called hp and they are willing to replace it. Now I was wondering, will they change the video card for me if I request it? Right now the HDMI LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
gety your money back and buy an ASUS
2016, 2017 and 2018 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
212 upvotes
Surrey
nayan97 wrote: I just bought the hp g62 laptop when I noticed the disk drive doesn't work. I called hp and they are willing to replace it. Now I was wondering, will they change the video card for me if I request it? Right now the HDMI LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!

Why not just phone HP and ask, since clearly this is a situation with specific elements to consider.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10816 posts
1348 upvotes
Edmonton
What do you mean by 'the HDMI looks terrible'?

Could be very subjective, from poor quality cable used, bad video settings, poor software playback, etc.

Most G62 series are integrated mainboard graphics. They will replace the mainboard if there is a video issue due to hardware. Tell them to look at it and hope for the best.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
I am not sure what "just bought" means but if an item I buy becomes defective or does not live up to expectations within the return policy I would always return it versus getting it fixed.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2568 posts
138 upvotes
Hunter316 wrote: I am not sure what "just bought" means but if an item I buy becomes defective or does not live up to expectations within the return policy I would always return it versus getting it fixed.

this would be my suggestion as well, if 'just bought' falls within exchange/return policy of said store the laptop was purchased from.