[HSBC] Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 7:04 pm
Tags:
Oct 24, 2010
871 posts
663 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote: how is it not done online? we just answered those questions.. before we got sent to the branch
Perhaps they had an issue correctly identifying your Equifax file.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1140 posts
232 upvotes
Gatineau
What can you use the 100$ on? I don't pay luggage with AC or WJ anyway.... Can you use it on regular stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3144 upvotes
Montreal
ck01 wrote: What can you use the 100$ on? I don't pay luggage with AC or WJ anyway.... Can you use it on regular stuff?
Expedia works
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1532 posts
3906 upvotes
Pawtucket
Thanks op. Got approved for 8k limit. Did not put SIN in application. Was asked some Equifax verification questions though.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2156 posts
668 upvotes
Burnaby
DealHunterRFD wrote: How do you guys spend $5K in 180 days??
Property Tax, Home Insurance, Car Insurance, Internet/Phone Bill, Food, Gas...Large upcoming purchase

Even as a single person not hard and I applied for this one even with the CIBC and BMO 10% cash back promos cards that I just started.
Sep 6, 2010
62 posts
72 upvotes
Mars
amplified wrote: Property Tax, Home Insurance, Car Insurance, Internet/Phone Bill, Food, Gas...Large upcoming purchase

Even as a single person not hard and I applied for this one even with the CIBC and BMO 10% cash back promos cards that I just started.
I guess it helps if you have a car and a house lol
May 12, 2014
225 posts
622 upvotes
amplified wrote: Property Tax, Home Insurance, Car Insurance, Internet/Phone Bill, Food, Gas...Large upcoming purchase

how do you pay property tax on a credit card? tnx in advance
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2156 posts
668 upvotes
Burnaby
switcheroo wrote: how do you pay property tax on a credit card? tnx in advance
Some cities offer it for a fee (1.75% for example) or you can use Paysimply or Plastiq. If you can time it right with a credit card offer you'll often come out ahead. Otherwise the default could be Triangle WE Mastercard offered by Canadian Tire.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5556 posts
1349 upvotes
Milton

gift cards purchased at groceries should also count.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2142 posts
1278 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP. I am trying to find out what 100 K in HBC points translates to in Costco gift cards. I went to rewards.hsbc.ca and it doesn't say what the conversion rate is, probably because I am not logged in and of course I can't do that right now. TIA.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

sTraTz