Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2024 4:26 pm
May 19, 2017
657 posts
446 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: I was instantly approved late last night for $7K limit. No big deal. I’m a first-time client, I can dig it. Besides, I won’t need it for much more than the $5K MSR.

Checked GCR at 9:30a ET, nothing yet. Checked again at 11:00a ET, and the $50 rebate is now posted. Email notification of GCR rebate arrived at 10:30a.

My wife referred me to open my GCR account, so she also has $7.50 (15%) posted now too.

Seems like ages since we’ve had GCR cash back added to our accounts.
Did you apply via GCR on pc or mobile? With SIN or without?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
GBUalways wrote: Did you apply via GCR on pc or mobile? With SIN or without?
Applied through GCR on PC browser in Incognito mode with ad-blockers turned OFF, without SIN. I’ve never used my SIN to apply for a Canadian CC, ever. I have opened many new CCs.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
May 27, 2017
346 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary, AB
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is there a no annual fee version that you can bank the points on?
Try HSBC Advance Mastercard w/ HSBC Advance Rewards option.
TrueRFD
Jun 26, 2010
916 posts
689 upvotes
Vancouver
sports1 wrote: Anyone know how much HSBC enforces this?

Oh helpful tip for the TEC... You can make an Expedia/etc. booking and then claim the TEC after it posts. After TEC posts as well, cancel the booking.
genius!! never thought of that lol
Apr 12, 2009
323 posts
83 upvotes
Etobicoke
Got “visit us at a branch” error when applying online via computer. Applied via iPhone and took a pic of drivers license and selfie and got auto approved.

Didn’t input SIN in both scenarios.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1267 posts
47 upvotes
Instant approved yesterday for $10k. Didn't enter SIN and answered the Equifax questions. Got notified of my GCR rebate approval today.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MartinoMan wrote: Got “visit us at a branch” error when applying online via computer. Applied via iPhone and took a pic of drivers license and selfie and got auto approved.

So wont you have 2 applications then?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1736 posts
8092 upvotes
DP: I applied online and was instantly approved. Used my mobile device: opened an incognito tab on Chrome, went to GCR then clicked through to apply. I had to take a photo of an ID document, take a video (move and speak), and answer the Equifax identity verification questions. I did give my SIN.

It was straightforward - surprisingly, for HSBC, which is known for it's very sad late 90s IT system. Fingers-crossed for continued smooth sailing - my first HSBC product!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
MartinoMan wrote: Got “visit us at a branch” error when applying online via computer. Applied via iPhone and took a pic of drivers license and selfie and got auto approved.

No video? Just a pic? I had to do a short video and say the 3 digit number on screen and i did NOT have to answer any equifax multiple choice questions(thats a plus since i do not know some answers).. I did on chrome android device
Last edited by mikka2017 on Sep 9th, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 31, 2008
124 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote: How about if you were to compare it to this one now with the $120 annual fee? Not sure if it’s worth it to switch. HSBC is a garbage bank who couldn’t even get their webpage together.
I read you can use the $100 anniversary rebate from HSBC for more than just baggages/seat upgrades... such as airline tickets? if that is the case then i think this card will cost me a lot less than the $120 capital one card. the 3% travel cashback will also help.

Aside from that, I agree capital one did treat us very well.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
From yesterday clicks GCR 5768700... Who's got a latest click number? They must have thousands of apps!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
May 19, 2017
657 posts
446 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Applied through GCR on PC browser in Incognito mode with ad-blockers turned OFF, without SIN. I’ve never used my SIN to apply for a Canadian CC, ever. I have opened many new CCs.
I followed your steps and got approved instantly.

Few had mentioned that you need to answer multiple choices of questions from EQUIFAX. I got 4 questions. Make sure to remember your personal credit history. I almost answered the last question incorrectly. Luckily, I cancelled that card yesterday and the rep reminded me when I opened it.
Last edited by GBUalways on Sep 9th, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: So wont you have 2 applications then?
Hmm, now where have I seen this portal opening before? Oh yes, the rabbit hole that I jumped into after taking the Red Pill. :lol:
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Do they sell gcs at car rental agency's? How do hoard points on this card if u don't travel much? Tia
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
Do they pull from EQ or TU... god forbid both?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Scavos wrote: Do they pull from EQ or TU... god forbid both?
They pull from Equifax
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Dec 23, 2012
336 posts
215 upvotes
Vancouver
A friend applied last night and got this message:

“Thanks for applying for HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®.

What happens next?

1. We'll process your application
2. We may contact you if any additional information is required
3. We'll inform you of the final decision by mail within next 2-3 weeks”

This morning, an approval email was sent:

Good news! Your application for HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is approved.

What happens next?
You will receive your credit card PIN by mail at your residential address within 5-10 business days
You will then receive your credit card along with a welcome pack. Please activate the card using the enclosed instructions
If you need to contact us about your application, call us at 1 (866) 406-HSBC (4722). Your application reference number is xxxxxxxxxxxx.

To register for Online Banking you'll need both:
Electronic Banking Number: xxxxxxxxx
Online Registration Code: We'll send this registration code to your mobile phone within next 2-3 business days
Once you receive your registration code, please visit hsbc.ca/pib, navigate to the link for Online Banking, and click on Register. On the Verify Identity Page, select Electronic Banking Number/Online Registration Code from the Registration method drop-down list.

Thank you for your interest in our services.

Sincerely,

HSBC Bank Canada
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1152 posts
734 upvotes
St Johns
Asked to visit the branch ... this bank is scary ;-) they need to keep up with the high rewards to make it worth our while.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)