Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2024 4:26 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
Applied last night and needed ID verification.

Walked into a branch today and they finished my application/verification within 10 minutes. Super painless
Jan 27, 2004
414 posts
37 upvotes
Is everyone expecting to travel within the FYF period or simply transfering points to another loyalty program?

The $500 value is tempting but I don't think we'll be travelling anytime soon so $300 in credit/GCs is still not bad for a sign-up but less tempting.
Apr 5, 2013
375 posts
629 upvotes
Thanks, applied approved instantly for $12k...
Already a HSBC member.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
djredhat wrote: For QC residents - no FYF, but 130k points and no spending requirement:

Special Offer - Earn up to 130,000 Points1a1a View footnote 1a,1b1b View footnote 1b ($650 travel value). Must apply by December 28, 2020. Conditions Apply

Welcome Bonus – 20,000 Points1a1a View footnote 1a ($100 travel value)
Receive an additional 110,000 Points1b1b View footnote 1b ($550 travel value) if you keep your account open and active for 180 days
So, being in QC, all I have to do is keep my account open for 6 months and I have $600 worth of free points, in exchange for just paying the annual fee at the beginning?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
Man, how is everyone getting $7k+ credit limit approvals? Everyone on RFD is making $200k+ w/ $400k in liquid assets?
May 27, 2017
346 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary, AB
najibs wrote: So, being in QC, all I have to do is keep my account open for 6 months and I have $600 worth of free points, in exchange for just paying the annual fee at the beginning?
That's right.
TrueRFD
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2136 posts
1933 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Jealous.. I was also insta approved ytd and nothing in GCR yet.
if approved yesterday, u ll see it today :) . I feel good, someone out there is jealous (apart from my wife, that's standard and mandatory)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
if we're asked to verify in branch did we already get a credit hit? Debating I should try again and apply via mobile.

Also, how does verifying in branch affect the GCR rebate?
Last edited by Scavos on Sep 9th, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
Scavos wrote: if we're asked to verify in branch did we already receive a credit hit? Debating I should try again and apply online.
Yes, when I went into branch for verification, they mentioned the credit check was already done.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
najibs wrote: So, being in QC, all I have to do is keep my account open for 6 months and I have $600 worth of free points, in exchange for just paying the annual fee at the beginning?
Yes mostly
I would suggest do a one transaction per month during the first 180 days to generate monthly statements, to make sure.

« you keep your account open and in good standing for 180 days from your account opening »
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cashinstinct wrote: Yes mostly
I would suggest do a one transaction per month during the first 180 days to generate monthly statements, to make sure.

« you keep your account open and in good standing for 180 days from your account opening »
Dont you need to spend $5000 within 180 days to get the 80k points?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
GBUalways wrote: I followed your steps and got approved instantly.

Few had mentioned that you need to answer multiple choices of questions from EQUIFAX. I got 4 questions. Make sure to remember your personal credit history. I almost answered the last question incorrectly. Luckily, I cancelled that card yesterday and the rep reminded me when I opened it.
I didn't really have to remember anything, except which province my SIN was issued. The other 3 questions were red herrings, as I have NONE OF THE ABOVE for them ("You have a mortgage with" - none, "You have a car loan with" - none. "You have a CC with" - all FIs which I don't deal with). :lol:

But, sure, download your Equifax file (go through Borrowell for a freebie version) if you're not sure what the questions may be.
canuckcolehead wrote: Yes, when I went into branch for verification, they mentioned the credit check was already done.
Cole, it may depend on far along you got on the online application before you were halted and given a reference number.

For my application (on PC browser) I answered all the personal (name, gender, DOB), contact (mobile number, address, own/rent) and financials (occupation, employer, income, tax residency) and then I was given an opportunity to review all of the info. At the next step (8) I had to consent to the allowing them to check my credit report. Did you make it this far?

I think for people like @mkl38s, it aborted much sooner in the process, so it may not have pulled Equifax yet. I'll let @mkl38s come back with a DP on this.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
bizee-bee wrote: I didn't really have to remember anything, except which province my SIN was issued. The other 3 questions were red herrings, as I have NONE OF THE ABOVE for them ("You have a mortgage with" - none, "You have a car loan with" - none. "You have a CC with" - all FIs which I don't deal with). :lol:

But, sure, download your Equifax file (go through Borrowell for a freebie version) if you're not sure what the questions may be.

Cole, it may depend on far along you got on the online application before you were halted and given a reference number.

For my application (on PC browser) I answered all the personal (name, gender, DOB), contact (mobile number, address, own/rent) and financials (occupation, employer, income, tax residency) and then I was given an opportunity to review all of the info. At the next step (8) I had to consent to the allowing them to check my credit report. Did you make it this far?

I think for people like @mkl38s, it aborted much sooner in the process, so it may not have pulled Equifax yet. I'll let @mkl38s come back with a DP on this.
mine aborted after the 2nd page on personal info / address. got a # reference number and was asked to visit branch. In this case, bizbee, do you think i still got a credit hit?

I called in to confirm there's no credit pull, but HSBC reps are all over the place...

Also, can we apply via mobile and still get GCR? debating if i should give it a go
Last edited by Scavos on Sep 9th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
Scavos wrote: if we're asked to verify in branch did we already get a credit hit? Debating I should try again and apply via mobile.

Also, how does verifying in branch affect the GCR rebate?
No one probably knows yet since GCR just started offering the rebate recently and I doubt many on RFD signed up for the 20K points no annual fee rebate offer.

I was luck enough I booked an appointment for Sept 8th and applied the same morning. So I can update in probably a few weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Scavos wrote: mine aborted after the 2nd page on personal info / address. got asked to visit branch. In this case bizbee do you think i still got a credit hit?

Called in to confirm there's no credit pull, but HSBC reps are all over the place...

Also, can we apply via mobile and still get GCR? debating if i should give it a go
It's not clear. My gut instinct says NO, not yet pulled. But are you an existing client? With other FI's, if I apply as a known client, the application will pre-fill most of my answers to the personal identification questions. If that's what HSBC is doing, they also should be asking you to consent to the hard pull. But, I didn't go through that experience, so I don't know. Maybe like with TD, they won't even pull your file if you are using your EasyWeb info during the application. Best to check at Equifax to see if you were already pulled, if you have the Premier subscription and can get daily updates. Borrowell will only present your Equifax info on a monthly basis.

A few people upthread, just 3-6 pages back have said they were able to use a browser on mobile device to apply through GCR. Sounds like they didn't get asked any Equifax questions either, but that's no guarantee that there was no hard pull. My most recent Amex application didn't prompt me with any Transunion bureau questions, but they did pull my file anyways.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7087 upvotes
West GTEH!
Nice sign-up bonus. Too bad I don't meet the Income requirements. Neutral Face
😎
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
I tried using my browser and then incognito mode. Got asked to go into the branch twice. Does this mean my credit got pulled twice? Is this bad?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Scavos wrote: mine aborted after the 2nd page on personal info / address. got a # reference number and was asked to visit branch to complete the app. In this case bizbee do you think i still got a credit hit?

Called in to confirm there's no credit pull, but HSBC reps are all over the place...

I would avoid leaving my face footprint in the system.
That is why I plan to go into the branch instead, but they surely do not make it easy.
I might need to take half a day off just to pull this off.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
bizee-bee wrote: It's not clear. My gut instinct says NO, not yet pulled. But are you an existing client? With other FI's, if I apply as a known client, the application will pre-fill most of my answers to the personal identification questions. If that's what HSBC is doing, they also should be asking you to consent to the hard pull. But, I didn't go through that experience, so I don't know. Maybe like with TD, they won't even pull your file if you are using your EasyWeb info during the application. Best to check at Equifax to see if you were already pulled, if you have the Premier subscription and can get daily updates. Borrowell will only present your Equifax info on a monthly basis.

A few people upthread, just 3-6 pages back have said they were able to use a browser on mobile device to apply through GCR. Sounds like they didn't get asked any Equifax questions either, but that's no guarantee that there was no hard pull. My most recent Amex application didn't prompt me with any Transunion bureau questions, but they did pull my file anyways.
Thanks Bizee-bee, always insightful! :)

Hmm, I am an existing client, but applied using an external link I think. The logged in app was asking me to enter a security device code ...which i've lost. I assume the EQ free trial subscription also should give daily updates.

Do you think it's worth the risk of going through mobile? would like that $50 rebate, haha but debating what other upcoming apps would need EQ (aka CIBC).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)