[HSBC] Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 4:28 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2177 posts
4410 upvotes
Signed up and instantly approved. Since I had like 5 apps this year and a new mortgage I was frankly worried.

Thanks OP, now I just have to find a way to spend $5k.
2 Model Y pre orders? LOL JK... Unless...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2409 posts
2290 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I'm usually just familiar with ap.. Is it worth using the points to travel business class with Avios/their partners, or better redeeming it against purchase? Trying to figure out best value to use the 100,000 points.

The no FX fees actually makes this card tempting to keep past the first year.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1814 posts
198 upvotes
Premier gets $50 off annual fee after first year. Might finally pull the trigger on this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5561 posts
1354 upvotes
Milton
Any non-HSBC client got an instant approval?
May 27, 2017
103 posts
133 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
spena wrote: Any non-HSBC client got an instant approval?
I got it.
Jul 6, 2014
133 posts
90 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Thanks OP!

Only see the points transfer ratio to British Airways Executive Club, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer on a few Travel blog sites, but could not find any official documents or webpages on HSBC website.

Can anybody confirm this?
Jul 3, 2019
157 posts
210 upvotes
Had a preapproval on my HSBC account, but it didn’t show the offer. Applied through the original link and got the same preapproval amount.
Oct 24, 2011
816 posts
388 upvotes
Other than those airlines what else can I do with these points?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44405 posts
4985 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks, applied via GCR. Be quick about this, they may remove the offer - they did the last time a CC offered a "very good" WB so as to not "duplicate" the offers.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44405 posts
4985 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ESJExplorer wrote: Other than those airlines what else can I do with these points?
They have the usual "merchandise" and "gift card" redemption options but of course the RoR will be a bit less. Still, with $500 in points, even a 20% is still a very good offer.
Enjoy maximum flexibility and redeem your Points on your terms for:
• Travel
• Gift cards and valuable merchandise
• Financial rewards
• Rewards for miles
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Apr 20, 2020
88 posts
41 upvotes
I applied.

It stated I need to go into Branch to confirm identity. Never had that happen before, but I live 5 minutes from a Branch.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1149 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
How much would it cost to fly biz from canada (yyz) to Europe or Asia on points?

Are these enough points? Which transfer would give me best option? I do like Singapore airline.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1023 posts
1140 upvotes
Wondering how this card works if I weren't to use the points for travel ? I realize it's a travel card, but what would the points value be for like giftcards? Or can I transfer points to say Aeroplan ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5274 posts
3282 upvotes
thanks. was going to wait until later to apply for this since the expiry was Dec 28 but extra $50 from GCR put it over the top. $500 worth of pts, $100 TEC, $50 GCR and FYF... $650 return on $5k spend. Probably second only to the Amex plat double double promo.

also FYI - approved instantly without the need to go to branch. verified through equifax questions.