Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2024 4:26 pm
Sep 14, 2018
373 posts
667 upvotes
kulb wrote: That's right. I am regretting my decision to apply.
Why not just wait and see if you're asked to go in then regret it? Like you're regretting something that hasn't happened yet.

I don't get people saying they're regretting applying for a FYF card, it cost you nothing, you might not get asked to go in. If you are and you chose not to then it's a pity you have a hit on your credit but that'll bounce back in a few months and it's unlikely it'll severely effect your life.

I think most people who don't want to go in probably over declared income. I'd still go into a branch for $500, say it takes an hour or two, that's at worst $250 an hour.
Jul 8, 2005
615 posts
180 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: So you need to go in regardless of approved or not?
That is crazy, given their 10-4pm mon to friday hrs.
Their hours have been extended to 10-6pm starting this week and now open Saturdays. The hours on Google are old so I recommend referring to the HSBC website for updated hours. As for going into the branch, I walked in without an appointment and it took about 30-45 minutes with the advisor. Its a hit or miss with the walk-in as it'll depend how busy they are, but its better than the appointment system that takes them a long time to respond. Your identification verification experience in branch will depend on the rep. Mine was just providing two pieces of ID (driver license and another credit card), no proof of income, and no pressured selling besides a quick mention if I wanted to create a bank account with them.
Last edited by Mystic_Champion on Sep 15th, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mystic_Champion wrote: Their hours have been extended to 10-6pm starting this week and now open Saturdays. The hours on Google are old so I recommend referring to the HSBC website for updated hours. As for going into the branch, I walked in without an appointment and it took about 30-45 minutes with the advisor. Its a hit or miss with the walk-in as it'll depend how busy they are, but its better than the appointment system that takes them a long time to respond. Your identification verification experience in branch will depend on the rep. Mine was just providing two pieces of ID (driver license and another credit card).
Why it takes that long? 45 min to verify 2 IDs?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Jun 6, 2011
421 posts
364 upvotes
Ottawa
Supertrash17 wrote: Have you considered having your wife apply for her own card? That way you avoid the $50 supplementary card fee and get another $600 bonus. I know the rewards will be separate but it's still much better than going the Authorized User route, at least for the first year.
Her income is really really low. The requirement is household income but then during the application they ask for personal... So don't know how she'd get past that without lying... But I'd be all over doubling our benefits!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
polish_jr333 wrote: Her income is really really low. The requirement is household income but then during the application they ask for personal... So don't know how she'd get past that without lying... But I'd be all over doubling our benefits!
It can be either personal or household. So even if she has zero income, she should qualify if household income is enough.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Jul 8, 2005
615 posts
180 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why it takes that long? 45 min to verify 2 IDs?
My rep was a bit "slow" in inputting data on the computer. Had to go through the application and confirm with you certain fields (my name was an issue as they had to use my legal name on the application even though all my other credit cards only ever had my common name, e.g. they required John McDonald Doe even though all non-government docs have me as John Doe). She also had to create an HSBC profile using data from my card application and then having to prepare forms to sign like the individual tax residency self-certification form required by law. Last year when I applied and also had to go in branch, they validated my identity and that was it and the credit department was going to review the application, she never told me if I was approved or not and for what limit (whereas in this case they did). I never saw a credit check and I never got anything in the mail. So its a hit or miss depending on the rep.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
asmcar wrote: Why not just wait and see if you're asked to go in then regret it? Like you're regretting something that hasn't happened yet.

I don't get people saying they're regretting applying for a FYF card, it cost you nothing, you might not get asked to go in. If you are and you chose not to then it's a pity you have a hit on your credit but that'll bounce back in a few months and it's unlikely it'll severely effect your life.

I think most people who don't want to go in probably over declared income. I'd still go into a branch for $500, say it takes an hour or two, that's at worst $250 an hour.
Point taken, agreed I should wait to see what happens in my case.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mystic_Champion wrote: My rep was a bit "slow" in inputting data on the computer. Had to go through the application and confirm with you certain fields (my name was an issue as they had to use my legal name on the application even though all my other credit cards only ever had my common name, e.g. they required John McDonald Doe even though all non-government docs have me as John Doe). She also had to create an HSBC profile using data from my card application and then having to prepare forms to sign like the individual tax residency self-certification form required by law. Last year when I applied and also had to go in branch, they validated my identity and that was it and the credit department was going to review the application, she never told me if I was approved or not and for what limit (whereas in this case they did). I never saw a credit check and I never got anything in the mail. So its a hit or miss depending on the rep.
They are really serious about this. I think probably they are under heavy monitor from government given their history.
Oct 27, 2012
643 posts
511 upvotes
I applied for both my wife and I, using GCR and Incognito Mode on phone. Took photos of our Drivers Licenses and each took that small selfie video. I got instantly approved for 10K (no need to go in branch, it said I will get my card in the mail). My wife's application needs to be "reviewed" (can take 2-3 weeks it said, not too hopeful). She has no income (extended parental leave) but our household is enough. We'll see how it goes. The nearest branch is 2 hours away for us.
Jan 11, 2008
185 posts
63 upvotes
Can I apply as a non-resident?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1618 posts
110 upvotes
Got a call from HSBC (local branch) to go in for verification (2 ID, 1 Utility Bill, and 2 months of Bank Statements)....even though I was approved online already. Certainly it's pain for sure. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
sunchaser53 wrote: Got a call from HSBC (local branch) to go in for verification (2 ID, 1 Utility Bill, and 2 months of Bank Statements)....even though I was approved online already. Certainly it's pain for sure. :twisted:
no paystubs for income verification?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1618 posts
110 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: no paystubs for income verification?
Nope, not income verification...but Bank Statement might have some info of that..... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
maybe too much auto approval apps! they prolly got thousands who applied! if they ask for income stubs im screwed lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: maybe too much auto approval apps! they prolly got thousands who applied! if they ask for income stubs im screwed lol
Did you over declare?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
kulb wrote: Did you over declare?
*nods :D , i did the self video and driversID upload so i should be fine, just waiting for the card in the mail...prolly next week, im thinking
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes
Thanks OP, applied on mobile and provided a picture of license and video. Approved instantly for 7K limit. I am not an existing HSBC customer
Sep 30, 2013
719 posts
840 upvotes
North Vancouver
anyone get the card yet?
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12575 upvotes
Markham
HSBC database must be like Tik Tok now after so many videos:))))

Are servers in Canada? I have national security concerns
Jul 15, 2019
165 posts
337 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Applied online on computer last week, didn't get instant approval.
Went in for verification yesterday (Ottawa) and took around 20 min. I asked the lady and she said all applicants would need to go in for ID verification. I guess she doesn't know of the video thing...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)