Hot Deals

[HSBC] Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 9:14 pm
Tags:
Jul 8, 2019
283 posts
103 upvotes
I hadn't received GCR credit. Just checked the terms and realized that it is only for new HSBC mastercard applicants, not existing ones. Anyone here with an existing HSBC mastercard who also received GCR cashback?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12666 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
cessnabmw wrote: Just applied using GCR.

Congratulations xxxxxx!
Your application is approved with an initial credit limit of $10,000

How long does it take to get the text for online registration?
Within 2 days I think.. Gcr posts 50$ next day
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 14, 2018
292 posts
434 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote:
I applied last week, application instantly approved Tuesday, GCR posted Wednesday and text for online registration received Thursday.
Jan 29, 2017
289 posts
141 upvotes
egdeen wrote: Their online system don't pull up all those info. You do need to declare your total household income is above that level when applying. Seems only one or two people here actually require to provide income verification if you failed the automatic identity check? They didn't ask me much when I apply using my online banking, I haven't check do they do a hard credit pull on existing customer.
thank you for the reply! i won’t be instantly approved due to having my identity stolen last year, autoflags any new CC applications and i have to do a phone call as well to prove it’s me. would this affect if they can see my income?
Feb 18, 2006
185 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
echino wrote: Hotel was open. Border was closed, so could not travel. Cannot charge back a non-refundable reservation when hotel was open.

Reason for refusal was that at least 75% of the cost of the trip has to be paid with the card. I paid 100% with the card, but I only paid for the hotel. I was planning to book flights later, but then Covid hit and I never actually booked flights. The insurance said that since I did not pay for flights with the card, I could not prove that I paid at least 75% of the cost of the trip with the card. Which is a completely bogus excuse not to pay out the insurance.
Its more the insurer's fault, normally they source the insurance from another company. Thats a tough spot to be in though, they have a point.
Sep 26, 2010
180 posts
36 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Just applied using GCR.

Congratulations xxxxxx!
Your application is approved with an initial credit limit of $10,000

I got textmsg next day
Oct 5, 2014
197 posts
76 upvotes
Madden, AB
Wow, even I got instant approved, but still got the call from HSBC and asked me to go into the branch to provide my ID and proof of income...weird
Jan 26, 2020
112 posts
36 upvotes
irislf wrote: Wow, even I got instant approved, but still got the call from HSBC and asked me to go into the branch to provide my ID and proof of income...weird
Their going to call everyone into the branch eventually. I've applied 2 people auto approved and both were contacted
Oct 5, 2014
197 posts
76 upvotes
Madden, AB
Red2hawk wrote: Their going to call everyone into the branch eventually. I've applied 2 people auto approved and both were contacted
Wow, what a hassle...Did you guys go and what did you provide to them?
Jan 26, 2020
112 posts
36 upvotes
irislf wrote: Wow, what a hassle...Did you guys go and what did you provide to them?
Didn't go yet and they don't make over 80k. Waiting to see more data points from the hundreds of people who applied for the card lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8577 posts
3970 upvotes
Markham
Red2hawk wrote: Didn't go yet and they don't make over 80k. Waiting to see more data points from the hundreds of people who applied for the card lol
Wondering whether this only happens to mobile application. Since most get instant approval through mobile, they probably catch up now
Oct 5, 2014
197 posts
76 upvotes
Madden, AB
smartie wrote: Wondering whether this only happens to mobile application. Since most get instant approval through mobile, they probably catch up now
nope...I did not apply by mobile
Feb 2, 2012
104 posts
33 upvotes
Burnaby
Has anyone actually received the card without visiting a branch? Last time when I applied I was approved, but had to go into a branch where they required to show proof of income, and then go the second time to pick up the card. They refused to mail the card to my home address.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3868 posts
1247 upvotes
Ontario
deadice wrote: applied on desktop, provided sin, answered questions, have to go for appt
re did application on mobile, did the biometric, provided sin, still have to go for appt

what a pain this is.
went in branch, kept getting an error on the GCR application number. So had to start a new application. Got approved for $12k. Now i get to deal with GCR to see if they will still honour the $50. What a load of ____ this is.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1913 posts
495 upvotes
irislf wrote: Wow, even I got instant approved, but still got the call from HSBC and asked me to go into the branch to provide my ID and proof of income...weird
Oh wow that sucks....did you apply twice like some others are reporting here?