370 upvotes
cruisn76 wrote: Yea there is a tracking ID, all the other columns are blank
Mine shows date, time, and rebate amount also
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1769 posts
255 upvotes
Thornhill
kulb wrote: I was instantly approved on Sep 11, GCR credit posted the next day.
Yea it seems everyone got the rebate instantly except me Disappointed But Relieved Face
srz5095 wrote: Mine shows date, time, and rebate amount also
Yea I have the date and time and tracking ID. No Amount, No Rebate, No Status
Dec 10, 2017
25 posts
3 upvotes
LaSalle
Thank you OP, my card was approved immediately.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5373 posts
4066 upvotes
cruisn76 wrote: I got insta approved on Friday Sept 11 thru the GCR link but still missing cashback. I just tried to submit a request in GCR and it says I have to wait 3 weeks. WTH!
cruisn76 wrote: Yea it seems everyone got the rebate instantly except me Disappointed But Relieved Face

GCR's 3 week wait before submitting a request to investigate is normal. In fact, I thought the requirement was actually 30 days at one time.

Untrue. Not everyone in this thread got their GCR rebate already. Not even people who reported getting IA. So just relax and wait.

GCR-newbies who got their rebates within a day or two are spoiled. It's NOT uncommon to have to wait 2-3 weeks. The overwhelming majority of our GCR rebates have required a wait of 1-3 weeks, with only a handful that saw the rebates within a day or two. FYR, I'm close to $1300 GCR rebates, and my wife has collected close to $700, and almost all are from affiliated CC signups.

I don't want to put the fear into you, or others in this thread who were IA'd but haven't received the GCR rebate yet, but there are datapoints in other credit card threads where someone reported that they were instantly approved, but then the FI had a second look and reversed the decision. In these cases there will be no commission paid by the FI to GCR, and ergo no cash back rebate awarded to the GCR member. It happens. People who think getting a GCR rebate is automatic need to realize the layers and chain of events that are involved, so just relax and wait for things to happen, before panicking.
Jun 6, 2011
252 posts
179 upvotes
Ottawa
When's the additional 80,000 points available for use? Once the minimum spend threshold have been met or at the end of 180 days or EOY? I'll be buying flights within the next 4 months and will easily charge the minimum before Xmas.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2087 posts
1287 upvotes
Mississauga
Any data points on how long after approval before you get the physical card? I've been waiting around a week - already received my online banking codes and GCR rebate, just waiting for the actual card.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1769 posts
255 upvotes
Thornhill
bizee-bee wrote: GCR's 3 week wait before submitting a request to investigate is normal. In fact, I thought the requirement was actually 30 days at one time.

Untrue. Not everyone in this thread got their GCR rebate already. Not even people who reported getting IA. So just relax and wait.

GCR-newbies who got their rebates within a day or two are spoiled. It's NOT uncommon to have to wait 2-3 weeks. The overwhelming majority of our GCR rebates have required a wait of 1-3 weeks, with only a handful that saw the rebates within a day or two. FYR, I'm close to $1300 GCR rebates, and my wife has collected close to $700, and almost all are from affiliated CC signups.

I don't want to put the fear into you, or others in this thread who were IA'd but haven't received the GCR rebate yet, but there are datapoints in other credit card threads where someone reported that they were instantly approved, but then the FI had a second look and reversed the decision. In these cases there will be no commission paid by the FI to GCR, and ergo no cash back rebate awarded to the GCR member. It happens. People who think getting a GCR rebate is automatic need to realize the layers and chain of events that are involved, so just relax and wait for things to happen, before panicking.
Thanks for the explanation. I am just anxious for whatever reason. Its like Warzone and I just died, Gulag failed, and Jailbreak is eminent
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1149 posts
429 upvotes
T Dot
cruisn76 wrote: Yea it seems everyone got the rebate instantly except me Disappointed But Relieved Face

in the same boat as you. Applied on 09/13. No rebate yet
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1616 posts
682 upvotes
Mississauga
Same here; applied + instantly approved on the 10th, no rebate.
Dec 9, 2001
310 posts
43 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone receive the PHYSICAL CARD in the mail yet?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1404 posts
277 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for the post OP.

I have a pre-approved WE MC but they only mentioned about the welcome bonus 20,000 points; should i apply through their links or accept this card and call in to mention about their promo.

""You're pre-approved1 for an HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® with a limit of $8,000, but only until September 28, 2020.""

TIA and stay safe.
Dec 7, 2014
44 posts
39 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I don't use any of their carriers. Can the 100k points be 'liquidated' in to giftcards? Wondering if there's any good deals that way, similar to what I do with my Avion Pts. Would 100k points be worth ~$500 in Hotels.com giftcards?
Jun 4, 2020
2 posts
Here is my experience, was applied online with link by GCR, Provide the SIN, received an email with standard words , not instant approved. Busy for a few days and almost forgot this. Called cx service line yesterday and provided with ref number, told I have to visit a local branch with 2 IDs. Must be a branch near my home which is 3640 Victoria park ave, after hung up the phone I drove there in 10 minutes. It was empty in the bank, lol, then asking one floor rep and she was really nice, lead me to another personal banker desk and exam my IDs, then called credit department by internal line, answered within a few seconds and just simply informed the IDs are here on my desk with the red number. That’s it, super easy, no hassle, no selling. Got email confirmation next morning with Approved, will get card and pin within 10 days. First time ever with HSBC.
Will check the $50 GRC credit later.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4893 posts
932 upvotes
Montreal
As a new user of GCR, I received the $50 + $3 sign up credits right away. What's the easiest way to spend those dollars? Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)