[HSBC] Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 9:06 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5463 posts
4289 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: Looking on the app on my phone, I can see AF charged yesterday and rebated yetserday.
Beautiful! Thanks for that info. I haven’t received my card yet but I also see the $149 AF posted and rebated with yesterday’s date.

The Bee Hive is at the far end of our postal code. The Postie prolly ran out of gas and could finish his daily route. :|
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5463 posts
4289 upvotes
RichardMan wrote: I think only Amex let you setting up a custom pin. I remember receiving a pin for RBC and TD.
MBNA also has an online PIN setting feature.
Oct 11, 2009
348 posts
708 upvotes
BC
received Pin yesterday, noticed annual fee posted and rebated yesterday , received my first statement today.

still waiting for the card.
Jun 3, 2008
50 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Applied Sept 9. Received PIN in mail today. Account is visible on my HSBC app but nothing is posted yet.
Sep 5, 2017
19 posts
4 upvotes
Just throwing my experience out there. Approved within minutes with limit $$ (provided SIN) and get an online registration text the day after. 2 days ago someone from an HSBC branch left a message saying that I had to set up an appointment to verify ID. We connected via phone this afternoon and she confirms that I was approved. I ask her if I can just verify online. She says no you have to come in. I asked okay, so if I don't come in will my application be cancelled? She says no, you are, in fact, approved and Mastercard will send out the card. So I say, if Mastercard is going to send me the card eventually, why do I need to come into the branch? At this point, I'd like to note that the HSBC rep was really nice and this was all a pleasant exchange.

To her credit, she acknowledges that the process is somewhat silly (paraphrasing, of course) but does say that Mastercard can "choose" at some point not to activate/provide me my card based on me not going to the branch to verify the card. I didn't really want to dive deeper into what that actually meant given her being so pleasant. I choose not to go into the branch seeing as I don't want to risk going there just to get a sales pitch and getting mad about wasting my time. I'm just looking to get the points - if Mastercard doesn't want to give me the card based on me not going into the branch - sure, there'll be other card offers and I'll just have to make sure that my card/application is destroyed. Honestly, though, I can't see Mastercard giving a monkey's unless it somehow infringes on a goodwill agreement between the two companies.
Feb 12, 2011
44 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
Applied on launch, approved, got pin, no card. GCR still hasn't posted, should I be concerned?
Sep 14, 2018
269 posts
331 upvotes
Applied last Tuesday and had instant approval, GCR posted Wednesday, PIN in mail this Thursday and card arrived Friday in GTA. Around 9 business days including day of application.
Last edited by asmcar on Sep 19th, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2004
964 posts
301 upvotes
Did I do something wrong that I have to go into the branch to finish the application?
Aug 11, 2011
105 posts
42 upvotes
RICHMOND
Does anyone know how soon after meeting the MSR will we get the points?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12131 posts
3275 upvotes
Scarberia
Only got my pin on Friday sept18th...all those who Applied Sept. 9th...i think prolly Monday we get Credit Card!
20200919_033925.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 2, 2009
114 posts
35 upvotes
Atlantic Cda.
This bank is unlike any other Canadian bank or credit union I've ever dealt with. It's been quite a hassle to apply for this card. I found this bank to be very bureaucratic.

Applied online and had to go into the branch for ID verification. It took nearly one hour to create a "profile" with the rep even though I'd already provided all of the info for the credit card when I applied online. I'm unsure now if I'll even get my $50 from GCR. It was not a pleasant way to be introduced to this bank for brand new customers. Consider yourself lucky if you apply online and are instantly approved and can avoid the branch experience (especially having to go inside a branch during COVID).
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1139 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
can i apply and just not go into the branch?

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 4 guests)

pdangles, osc, theflyingsquirrel, Mint