Hot Deals

[HSBC] Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 1:41 am
Tags:
Dec 12, 2010
753 posts
419 upvotes
has anyone tried to apply for this deal while holding the premier version?
Apr 6, 2013
95 posts
97 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: imho this is quite a reasonably priced card ... net $50 AF for min 1.5% on everything 3% travel ... no forex ...
Totally agreed. Especially considering the annual credit is flexible to redeem with.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7659 posts
2034 upvotes
multi city dweller
chaugh wrote: has anyone tried to apply for this deal while holding the premier version?
i did ... they won't approve it ... :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5244 posts
3248 upvotes
Neo wrote: Curious as to why people like this card so much?

If you can get the $100 travel credit refunded, it's 12% cash back return on $5K spend. If you transfer it to Asia miles, it's around 32K points, so you are buying AM for 1.5c each.
I assume most people who apply for this card has others without Fx and insurance coverage. It's not.a bad card, but 54 pages? am I missing anything?
Yes, you forget the $50 GCR and the points you earned on spending the $5k. The total cashback here is $500 sign up bonus, $100 Travel credit, $50 GCR, $75 points on spend (could be more if you spend on travel but I just assumed all non-travel). Total is $725.

That's 14.5% return on $5k. Not sure where you are going to get that kind of return on spend.

To put this in context of the current offers... there are a ton of people applying for the 10% sign up bonus cards and those are limited to only $2k . This is $5k and 14.5%.

Or to put it another way... it is 20k points = $100 on first spend + $50 GCR + $100 travel credit = $250 for $1 spend. If you don't want to spend the $5k and need the spend for other sign up bonuses, this is still $250 absolutely free (just a credit hit)
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1015 posts
4351 upvotes
What's the card activation process like? Do you have to talk to someone and listen to a balance protector insurance scheme spiel? I hope it's just online activation! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 that lots of us get cards today! 🤩🤩
May 24, 2003
135 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
mech9t5 wrote: Yes, you forget the $50 GCR and the points you earned on spending the $5k. The total cashback here is $500 sign up bonus, $100 Travel credit, $50 GCR, $75 points on spend (could be more if you spend on travel but I just assumed all non-travel). Total is $725.

That's 14.5% return on $5k. Not sure where you are going to get that kind of return on spend.

To put this in context of the current offers... there are a ton of people applying for the 10% sign up bonus cards and those are limited to only $2k . This is $5k and 14.5%.

Or to put it another way... it is 20k points = $100 on first spend + $50 GCR + $100 travel credit = $250 for $1 spend. If you don't want to spend the $5k and need the spend for other sign up bonuses, this is still $250 absolutely free (just a credit hit)
Thanks for the explanation. I am trying to build up my Asia Miles balance, so it's $500 vs 32K Asia miles. Guess it's not bad.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6704 posts
3114 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mech9t5 wrote: Yes, you forget the $50 GCR and the points you earned on spending the $5k. The total cashback here is $500 sign up bonus, $100 Travel credit, $50 GCR, $75 points on spend (could be more if you spend on travel but I just assumed all non-travel). Total is $725.

What is the $100 travel credit refund?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jun 6, 2008
384 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I applied on my phone (submitted picture of ID, video selfie, SIN) and got instant approval. Hopefully I can avoid going into the branch this way.
Oct 14, 2015
142 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
coopercold wrote: What's the card activation process like? Do you have to talk to someone and listen to a balance protector insurance scheme spiel? I hope it's just online activation! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 that lots of us get cards today! 🤩🤩
Had to speak to someone and she also helped setup online acct as that info wasn’t emailed to me. No upsells.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1869 posts
120 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I mean how to get that refund.
The Travel Enhancement Credit in the amount of $100 will be automatically available when your card is first issued and will be renewed annually on the anniversary of your Account, provided your Account is in good standing. It can be redeemed toward eligible airline baggage fee, airline seat upgrade or airport lounge pass purchases made on the Account The Travel Enhancement Credit must be redeemed within one year of the date it was made available or renewed. At each anniversary of your Account, any portion of the Travel Enhancement Credit for which you did not submit a redemption request will expire and will not be carried over to the following year.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1073 posts
431 upvotes
Shinigami wrote: I applied on my phone (submitted picture of ID, video selfie, SIN) and got instant approval. Hopefully I can avoid going into the branch this way.
When applying using your phone, are you able to still take advantage of GCR via their affiliate link?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12065 posts
3249 upvotes
Scarberia
theflyingsquirrel wrote: What is the $100 travel credit refund?
better question is HOW do u best get that 100$ credit back! via expedia hotel booking for a refundable stay in the far far future! ie, summer 2021 :D
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6704 posts
3114 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: better question is HOW do u best get that 100$ credit back! via expedia hotel booking for a refundable stay in the far far future! ie, summer 2021 :D
Can you provide more details?
What do you do after the booking?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine