Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2024 4:26 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
FightingInternet wrote: Why 30-60 days later as opposed to just waiting for it to post?
It looks too suspicious and it shouldn't be done on the same billing cycle. They may end up auditing you.

30-60 days is long enough for it not to impact you much financially and say "I changed my mind" with confidence.
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
Do you get the use of the $100 travel right away? Thinking of using it with the stay vancouver hotel promo
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
Dragynfyre wrote: Has anyone who had to submit a GCR inquiry heard back and got the credit? Also for everyone who didn't get the $50 GCR automatically did you have a HSBC online account already? I already had a bank account with them so I signed into it during the sign up process.
Same situation with me ...still waiting on inquiry
Jul 28, 2017
870 posts
3078 upvotes
Edmonton
How flexible is the $100 travel enhancement credit? On the website, it says you can only use it for upgrades like seat, economy -> premium, lounge passes.... Can you also use that for Airbnb, hotel, or base fare booking? How do they even know if the $$$ you spent on is for base air fare or upgrade?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
HenryC422053 wrote: How flexible is the $100 travel enhancement credit? On the website, it says you can only use it for upgrades like seat, economy -> premium, lounge passes.... Can you also use that for Airbnb, hotel, or base fare booking? How do they even know if the $$$ you spent on is for base air fare or upgrade?
From various DPs provided here I've seen it be applicable to regular hotel and airfare bookings rather than upgrades. So it seems like it can just be treated like a general $100 travel credit even if it isn't intended that way
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
100K = $500 in travel value. Does HSBC have their own travel portal or is the $500 being attributed as the value of their travel partner points/miles? If one isn't travelling, what is the other alternative?

TIA
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Jul 28, 2017
870 posts
3078 upvotes
Edmonton
Dragynfyre wrote: From various DPs provided here I've seen it be applicable to regular hotel and airfare bookings rather than upgrades. So it seems like it can just be treated like a general $100 travel credit even if it isn't intended that way
Good to know. I think it is difficult for the HSBC Reward website to differentiate which purchase is the "regular" travel and which is the "enhancement". For example, one can potentially purchase a regular airfare and a seat upgrade into one purchase. It will just appear as 1 line on the credit card statement. It is not clear how the HSBC Reward website is able to tell how much of that is the base airfare and who much is the enhancement.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
yugsekwaf wrote: 100K = $500 in travel value. Does HSBC have their own travel portal or is the $500 being attributed as the value of their travel partner points/miles? If one isn't travelling, what is the other alternative?

TIA
No you can apply it to any travel related charge on your statement. If you don't travel you can apply it as a statement credit with $300 credit or I think you can use the refundable hotel trick to get full value
Feb 2, 2017
152 posts
128 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: How flexible is the $100 travel enhancement credit? On the website, it says you can only use it for upgrades like seat, economy -> premium, lounge passes.... Can you also use that for Airbnb, hotel, or base fare booking? How do they even know if the $$$ you spent on is for base air fare or upgrade?
It works with Expedia. Doesn't work with airbnb.
Apr 9, 2007
497 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
DP: The travel enhancement credit can be used for the fees on an aeroplan flight redemption. Just used it on 4 different transactions totaling $100. FYI.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
My first few transactions posted and no sign of the initial 20,000 pts. I signed up through GCR (didn’t get rebate yet) and had to finish application in branch.

Wonder if that messed up the promo or if it takes a few more days for the bonus 20k to show...
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1618 posts
110 upvotes
icedtee wrote: DP: The travel enhancement credit can be used for the fees on an aeroplan flight redemption. Just used it on 4 different transactions totaling $100. FYI.
Quick Question, did you use that $100 Travel credit from the app or through the HSBC website?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
xuanzh wrote: $5000 in 180 days is a bit hard for my family, we struggled to even hit $500/month mark....
You must be really good with your money.
A lot of people have a hard time getting the cc bill under $1000 per person, let alone family.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
Have other QC residents been charged the $145 AF already? There is no min spending requirement right?
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
Just got approved for $12K - existing customer. Applied via GCR on Desktop. Great offer - thanks OP!
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Nov 17, 2019
136 posts
153 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: My first few transactions posted and no sign of the initial 20,000 pts. I signed up through GCR (didn’t get rebate yet) and had to finish application in branch.

Wonder if that messed up the promo or if it takes a few more days for the bonus 20k to show...
Same with me. Already have a few posted transactions, got my first statementno 20k showing up
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
btw, how do you spend these points? through a specific website? what's the most valuable options to redeem these points? thx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)