Hot Deals

[HSBC] HSBC Advanced Checking Account $300 for New Customers + $100 For Payroll Deposit

Jul 26, 2017
17 posts
9 upvotes
Since I'm in the market for a mortgage, can I effectively get almost $3000 cash back if I sign up for this offer, refer my wife to sign up, and then take advantage of the $2000 cash back on a mortgages >$500k? I've looked through the fine print and couldn't find anything about not being able to take advantage of both offers.

I know that a lot of people have been saying negative things about HSBC, but the lowest mortgage rate + almost $3000 cash back is a pretty great deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
1951 posts
608 upvotes
burlington, on
I got approved for mortage with thos bank and 1000 cash back.
I would need open a basic account with them to pay the mortgage,can I use this promo for extra 500 dollars bonus?
Jul 20, 2016
79 posts
28 upvotes
A heads up for those who are looking to churn this one: there's a claw back clause in the agreement where if you don't keep the account open for one year, they will demand repayment of the cash bonus
Capture.JPG
Nov 12, 2017
336 posts
240 upvotes
The GIC rates are surprisingly quite awful, but I guess it beats parking it for 1.5 years and making no interest. I was initially interested in referring my family members, but I won't bother. But with the 1.9% GIC and the referral, I'll make 10% on my deposit, which is pretty good
Last edited by krispy4 on Jun 8th, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9166 posts
2169 upvotes
Still locked with the last promo. Besides, it takes about 2 months to get credited if something doesn't go through automatically.
Nov 12, 2017
336 posts
240 upvotes
Have people received their referral bonuses yet?
Jan 19, 2013
27 posts
13 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
not yet .... two months already. everytime i called hsbc... no one answer the phone ...only voice mail.. and they never call me back..
Mar 23, 2019
31 posts
26 upvotes
krispy4 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:11 pm
Have people received their referral bonuses yet?
I got mine for referring others. I opened my account last Oct tho.
Apr 27, 2005
41 posts
10 upvotes
Signed up last year through this promo...have to say the same as others on this thread. It’s quite a pain to deal with them both in branch and over the phone but once everything is set up, it works pretty well. Also, the perks of having international access to HSBC ATMs is useful too. I found the rate at the HSBC in Hong Kong to be almost exactly the floating rate...they do have quite a large presence overseas.