Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

HSBC Fixed rates: 1.84% 2-yr & 5-yr, 1.64% 5-yr Insured (with cashback ends Oct 30!)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2022 7:38 pm
Jul 21, 2017
165 posts
38 upvotes
gundox wrote: Uninsured and also cashback $3000
Great rate ...... the best rate so far I heard from Big 5 (previous best was 1.64% from BMO too)
Oct 6, 2020
15 posts
52 upvotes
gundox wrote: I put in my mortgage application to HSBC (new don mills branch) but I did not get a great offer from them, since my mortgage amount is over 1M and I need 30y amortization.
It seems that HSBC has more restrictive limit of loan amount compared to 5 major banks.
I finally got 1.6% for 5y fixed with 30y amortization for more than 1M from BMO.
If you are interested in the BMO guy I met, PM me.
Pm sent. Thanks!
Nov 9, 2013
10 posts
8 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
gundox wrote: Uninsured and also cashback $3000
It seems that cashback is gone now.
Jun 16, 2008
75 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
To strike66,
I’m unable to send you a reply to your PM, seems like you are setup not to receive any PMs. Could you let me know once allow receiving of Pm?

Thanks
May 9, 2019
18 posts
7 upvotes
gundox wrote: I put in my mortgage application to HSBC (new don mills branch) but I did not get a great offer from them, since my mortgage amount is over 1M and I need 30y amortization.
It seems that HSBC has more restrictive limit of loan amount compared to 5 major banks.
I finally got 1.6% for 5y fixed with 30y amortization for more than 1M from BMO.
If you are interested in the BMO guy I met, PM me.
Can you please PM me the BMO contact
Oct 5, 2007
497 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Overall good experience with HSBC. A bit more work was involved and additional documents needed as opposed to other brokers/banks I had contacted but overall my rep was great with following up,

Options were 5 Year Fixed was 1.54% and 5 Year Variable was Prime --1.16%, which is currently 1.29%.
HELOC was Prime +0%. Prime is currently 2.45%.

If you are interested in the HSBC Don Mills contact I used, feel free to send me a PM.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2194 posts
2395 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
gamer4lyfe wrote: Overall good experience with HSBC. A bit more work was involved and additional documents needed as opposed to other brokers/banks I had contacted but overall my rep was great with following up,

Options were 5 Year Fixed was 1.54% and 5 Year Variable was Prime --1.16%, which is currently 1.29%.

If you are interested in the HSBC Don Mills contact I used, feel free to send me a PM.
How did you get 1.54%? I thought the promo rate for uninsured 5 years fixed is 1.59%!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1007 posts
412 upvotes
Angel Girl wrote: How did you get 1.54%? I thought the promo rate for uninsured 5 years fixed is 1.59%!
Any new branch is offering employee rates to new customers.

There is one at Don Mills/Ellington and a couple in the west end.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2194 posts
2395 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vg19 wrote: Any new branch is offering employee rates to new customers.

There is one at Don Mills/Ellington and a couple in the west end.
Oh, I see. I'm going to assume this is an Ontario thing then. Darn!
Oct 5, 2007
497 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Angel Girl wrote: Oh, I see. I'm going to assume this is an Ontario thing then. Darn!
Yes, not sure whether it is only in Ontario but it was a special rate for new branches. I had to go with the Don Mills branch in Toronto. It required two in person visits: the first to open a chequing account after getting the mortgage "approved", as this was needed in order for them to attach it to the account and lock in the rate. The second was to finalize the mortgage and signing of documents. The other steps were done virtually via email and phone calls.
Jan 4, 2006
265 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
Anyone can please tell me if HELOC is offered at Prime rate if I move my mortgage with HSBC?
Sharing is caring!

Telus Small Business subscriber 100GB CAN-US Plan
CC: Rogers World Elite, AmEx Marriott, TD Aeroplan, Triangle WE, Costco MC
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1007 posts
412 upvotes
ARP511 wrote: Anyone can please tell me if HELOC is offered at Prime rate if I move my mortgage with HSBC?
If you move your mortgage to one of the new branches, then yes, they will give you a HELOC at prime. I have a contact at the North York (Don Mills/Eglington) branch if you are interested. Others have contacts at ones in the west end.
Oct 12, 2005
908 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
ARP511 wrote: Anyone can please tell me if HELOC is offered at Prime rate if I move my mortgage with HSBC?
The standard rate is p+0.5 (2.95%), but if you are a premier member (mortgage >$500k, or $100k invested with the bank) you may be able to negotiate lower.
Additionally, some new Ontario branches have a promo for p+0 (2.45%), such as HSBC Don Mills Branch.
Jan 4, 2006
265 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
ejohan wrote: The standard rate is p+0.5 (2.95%), but if you are a premier member (mortgage >$500k, or $100k invested with the bank) you may be able to negotiate lower.
Additionally, some new Ontario branches have a promo for p+0 (2.45%), such as HSBC Don Mills Branch.
Thanks for a detailed response.
Sharing is caring!

Telus Small Business subscriber 100GB CAN-US Plan
CC: Rogers World Elite, AmEx Marriott, TD Aeroplan, Triangle WE, Costco MC
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
Can I get a contact for Markham area? I assume North York is fine too?
Dec 12, 2005
960 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
gamer4lyfe wrote: Overall good experience with HSBC. A bit more work was involved and additional documents needed as opposed to other brokers/banks I had contacted but overall my rep was great with following up,

What was your mortgage amount and amortization period? I read a post above that said they're more restrictive when it comes to mortgages > $1M.
Shojin wrote:I like to quote myself.
Aug 26, 2009
11 posts
2 upvotes
ejohan wrote: The standard rate is p+0.5 (2.95%), but if you are a premier member (mortgage >$500k, or $100k invested with the bank) you may be able to negotiate lower.
Is this right? Their standard is prime plus 0.5%? I was told their HELOC was prime plus 0.75%. Didn't even think to negotiate this rate down.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)