Hot Deals

[HSBC] HSBC- Receive up to $700 when you start banking with us.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4747 posts
3191 upvotes
Calgary
forgetpwd wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 9:13 pm
NOV, that's what I was told over the phone though
Their in bank and online text states Sept 30. They could always extend it as I think they need the business. Their Calgary branches are ghost towns.
Dec 1, 2018
40 posts
15 upvotes
hi,
question for experts:

for some reason i did not realize i need to deposit 10K within one month. i opened my account on Aug 3rd, what you think, can i call hsbc and ask for time to deposit the 10K?

thanks in advance,
Dec 13, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
ArtJobs wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 7:46 am
hi,
question for experts:

for some reason i did not realize i need to deposit 10K within one month. i opened my account on Aug 3rd, what you think, can i call hsbc and ask for time to deposit the 10K?

thanks in advance,
The staff that open your account should have have you his/card right?
Call the person up and said you need some time to move your money
They can do something in their back end
Dec 26, 2012
301 posts
70 upvotes
MILTON
I had one of their MasterCards last year, do I still qualify for this promo?

Also it looks like I have to go into the branch to open the account?
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Sep 23, 2013
65 posts
101 upvotes
Montreal
hdub8817 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 10:03 am

You only need to go into branch if you have a referral. Otherwise, you can open account much faster online.
Sep 6, 2010
762 posts
92 upvotes
Waterloo
For premier, is it just 25K requirement under this offer or does it bump up to 100K eventually?
Sep 23, 2013
65 posts
101 upvotes
Montreal
CsG wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 12:45 pm
For premier, is it just 25K requirement under this offer or does it bump up to 100K eventually?
25K within 30 days of account opening; then 100K within 6 months of account opening.
Dec 13, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
hdub8817 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 10:03 am

I asked my RM and he said as long as you don't have chequing account with hsbc
you are good
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5611 posts
5580 upvotes
Vancouver
It's been mentioned but it's easy to miss. To avoid welcome bonus clawback You need to keep the account open for 12 months after receiving the bonus, not 12 months after opening the account. So you're looking at keeping the account open for about 15 months to avoid clawback. I opened mine in August 2018, got bonus in October 2018, so will close the account this coming November.
Aug 30, 2015
262 posts
209 upvotes
BC
darkesha wrote:
Aug 25th, 2019 10:16 pm
I would say yes. I pay very little when using other banks ATM vs Scotiabank surcharge of 2 as punishment for not using theirs. I believe HSBC doesn’t charge me anything and also rebate a buck from what other bank is charging.
One (good) oddity I experienced the other day: I rarely do atm withdrawals but had to get some cash to pay a cash only barber. $1.50 ATM charge but HSBC rebated me $2. I made money on the withdrawal! (Limit 5 per month before someone gets too creative an idea!)
Dec 1, 2018
40 posts
15 upvotes
JosephL468090 wrote: The staff that open your account should have have you his/card right?
Call the person up and said you need some time to move your money
They can do something in their back end

tks, i followed ur suggestion. they told they will request from management an extension and get back to me by the end of next week. hope it will work

thanks again for suggestion)
Feb 16, 2003
451 posts
47 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 1:36 pm
It's been mentioned but it's easy to miss. To avoid welcome bonus clawback You need to keep the account open for 12 months after receiving the bonus, not 12 months after opening the account. So you're looking at keeping the account open for about 15 months to avoid clawback. I opened mine in August 2018, got bonus in October 2018, so will close the account this coming November.
I'm just wondering if any bank went after someone for clawback issue? Seriously doubt they would, probably just to deter people from closing their acccount earlier...

Also question about the referral card, instruction said the referrer should return the card to his branch and then they will contact the new customer. My sister did that last year but i never received a call. I read in other threads that you bring that card with you when you open a new account. So which is the right way to do?
WTB:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5611 posts
5580 upvotes
Vancouver
Zen wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 8:52 pm
I'm just wondering if any bank went after someone for clawback issue? Seriously doubt they would, probably just to deter people from closing their acccount earlier...

Also question about the referral card, instruction said the referrer should return the card to his branch and then they will contact the new customer. My sister did that last year but i never received a call. I read in other threads that you bring that card with you when you open a new account. So which is the right way to do?
The referee brings the form to their own branch, not the person getting the referral. I'm in Vancouver and I referred a RFDer in Montreal that way. If that was done for you but you didn't get contacted, it looks like the branch messed up on the paperwork.
Feb 16, 2003
451 posts
47 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 8:59 pm
The referee brings the form to their own branch, not the person getting the referral. I'm in Vancouver and I referred a RFDer in Montreal that way. If that was done for you but you didn't get contacted, it looks like the branch messed up on the paperwork.
And a Montreal branch called up your referee? (That's what my sister did last year, i never received a call so never opened the account)

Any idea about the "new customer" definition. I had an investment account like 15-20 years ago with them. Can you called them up to find out if you're eligible for the promotion?
WTB:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5611 posts
5580 upvotes
Vancouver
Zen wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 9:05 pm
And a Montreal branch called up your referee? (That's what my sister did last year, i never received a call so never opened the account)

Any idea about the "new customer" definition. I had an investment account like 15-20 years ago with them. Can you called them up to find out if you're eligible for the promotion?
Yes, a branch local to the guy I referred called him. Neither of us were HSBC clients before.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

eyesonme, sinankeser