Hot Deals

[HSBC] HSBC- Receive up to $700 when you start banking with us.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 7:48 pm
Jul 17, 2017
63 posts
23 upvotes
BC
jackfollow wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:10 pm
$34.95 Monthly fee

Monthly fee waived if you have:
$100,000 minimum balance

so $500 bonus only pay off fees for 14 months unless you have 100k in your checking
You do not need to have all 100K in chequing, it can be in HISA or GIC

If you want the full bonus with Premier you need either 100K in GIC/HISA/Chequing, or 250K mortgage, or proof of 100K assets+deposit 6.5K monthly.

The $300 bonus is just 5K balance
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
StickmansamV wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 1:53 pm
I am currently working on trying to get one done online. It seems that it can be done, but might take some followup.
yup
online account works as well but just need some follow up
Sep 27, 2008
5 posts
Brossard
I have an HSBC TSFA account with 0 balance. can I get the offer?
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
npng007 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 9:03 pm
I don't think so
But I will ask my RM and get back to you
Jul 17, 2017
63 posts
23 upvotes
BC
craigslist123 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 6:37 am
Will tangerine work as Direct deposit?
The extra $100 bonus has to be a payroll or government direct deposit. Those are coded as specific direct deposits by the sender afaik. So Tangerine likely will not work.
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
G0DKING wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:26 am
Interested too, as I have a HISA with 0 balance
Still waiting for an answer
will post once I got a reply
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
npng007 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 9:03 pm
G0DKING wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:26 am
Interested too, as I have a HISA with 0 balance
Just got an reply from my RM
no, sorry but it means you are not a new customer and will not get this promotion even if you open a new chequing account with them
But people with only HSBC credit card can take advantage
Apr 25, 2005
768 posts
182 upvotes
JosephL468090 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 6:16 pm
Just got an reply from my RM
no, sorry but it means you are not a new customer and will not get this promotion even if you open a new chequing account with them
But people with only HSBC credit card can take advantage
My local branch is run by a bunch clueless and non-resourceful and I could even go as far as incompetent kids (unfortunately for me). I've never been so frustrated or shocked at how these guys operate. Totally unprofessional and unusual to what I'm used to when it comes to the very basics of customer service at a financial institution. (And I'm keeping the bar real low here and they don't even meet that)

Anyhow, I had an HSBC WE MC from last year and went in this summer to ship for a mortgage.
I finally decided to go with HSBC late August after their offering me 2.49 for a refinance.
So when at the branch a couple of weeks ago, where I was to open an Advance chequing account, I noticed their promo advertisements all over the branch with the rebates and mentioned it to my RM. She however said I don't qualify since I had an MC with them and I'm technically not a new client.

But what you're confirming is that I could have qualified for their new account promos despite her claims.
If so, that further substantiates my claims mentioned above about their cluelessness.
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
theshowman wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:54 pm
My local branch is run by a bunch clueless and non-resourceful and I could even go as far as incompetent kids (unfortunately for me). I've never been so frustrated or shocked at how these guys operate. Totally unprofessional and unusual to what I'm used to when it comes to the very basics of customer service at a financial institution. (And I'm keeping the bar real low here and they don't even meet that)

Anyhow, I had an HSBC WE MC from last year and went in this summer to ship for a mortgage.
I finally decided to go with HSBC late August after their offering me 2.49 for a refinance.
So when at the branch a couple of weeks ago, where I was to open an Advance chequing account, I noticed their promo advertisements all over the branch with the rebates and mentioned it to my RM. She however said I don't qualify since I had an MC with them and I'm technically not a new client.

But what you're confirming is that I could have qualified for their new account promos despite her claims.
If so, that further substantiates my claims mentioned above about their cluelessness.
Sorry to hear this
but I think the situation is
if you have opened the mortgage already, then you ask to open the chequing account, you will not get the promotion
if you have have not open the mortgage account yet, then you can get it and she is wrong

credit card doesn;t matters
Aug 16, 2014
214 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Quick question as I've seen a couple answers on this, what's the official wait period before they deposit the bonus funds?
Dec 13, 2016
136 posts
35 upvotes
JordanTO wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 6:22 am
Quick question as I've seen a couple answers on this, what's the official wait period before they deposit the bonus funds?
people seems to be getting the bonus within 4-6 weeks after they have completed everything
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1336 posts
269 upvotes
ON
I had a Premier account (that I eventually got the bonuses for) and changed it to Performance. Now I see a CR MEMO (premier upgrade bonus) in my account for $200? lol
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1336 posts
269 upvotes
ON
craigslist123 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 6:37 am
Will tangerine work as Direct deposit?
It has to specifically be coded as payroll or they will deny it. Even government direct deposits like CPP don't count.