Hot Deals

[HSBC] HSBC- Receive up to $700 when you start banking with us.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 5:10 pm
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2017
93 posts
37 upvotes
BC
OMV wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 1:16 pm
Anyone knows if you can combine the referral bonus with the newcomer bonus for new immigrants?
The Refferral program is seperate and stacks on top of any of their other new customer programs.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1196 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
I have an account with HSBC, but in Edmonton, their banking hours and locations are really limited to downtown.
Jun 6, 2018
92 posts
51 upvotes
Where do you enter the referral?? My wife already has HSBC account. I signed up and got the EBN number, but didn't see anywhere to enter the referral code.... did i miss it??? or do I need to email someone??
Dec 13, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 2:50 pm
The 100k requirement for premier, does that include ETF's in InvestDirect? As I asked in CIBC's smart plus account thread, can you just transfer 100k worth of VFV in your RRSP, and get the fee waived? If yes, it would be the only bank other than CIBC that waives fees based on discount brokerage holdings.
yup
it includes everything under your name
RRSP TFSA etc
Aug 27, 2013
503 posts
227 upvotes
cloud
xcommander wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 10:52 am
Should be any money earning the earlier promo bonus, plus any additional funds deposited before Sept 3.

Details
Hmm that PDF says:
Promotion (the Promotion) is only available to customers that HSBC Bank Canada (HSBC) has sent an email confirming their eligibility and is not transferrable.

So if I haven't received the email I won't get it? Disappointed But Relieved Face May I ask when you received the email? Thanks!

I was on the April-to-Sept 3rd promo but did not benefit much because I wasn't able to put in much new money.
Mar 23, 2019
73 posts
46 upvotes
cmchiu wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 4:43 pm
Hmm that PDF says:
Promotion (the Promotion) is only available to customers that HSBC Bank Canada (HSBC) has sent an email confirming their eligibility and is not transferrable.

So if I haven't received the email I won't get it? Disappointed But Relieved Face May I ask when you received the email? Thanks!

I was on the April-to-Sept 3rd promo but did not benefit much because I wasn't able to put in much new money.
Received the email on Aug 12 and a reminder email on August 26.
Dec 3, 2009
263 posts
48 upvotes
So there's this in the fine print:
"To be eligible for the welcome bonus, you and any individual holding the opened HSBC Chequing Account with you must not have held, prior to the start of the offer period, an account or other product with HSBC"

Does this literally mean any product with HSBC? So would I be in-eligible if I already own just the HSBC Mastercard?
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2017
93 posts
37 upvotes
BC
pentiumvi wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 8:30 pm
So there's this in the fine print:
"To be eligible for the welcome bonus, you and any individual holding the opened HSBC Chequing Account with you must not have held, prior to the start of the offer period, an account or other product with HSBC"

Does this literally mean any product with HSBC? So would I be in-eligible if I already own just the HSBC Mastercard?
Yes I think you might not be eligible, but it may be worth calling in to ask. The "any other product" seems to foreclose those holding CC with them from getting the bonus. Most other banks tend to limit the wording to "cheuqing accounts" or "accounts" which normally still give bonuses for CC holders.
Apr 26, 2019
194 posts
128 upvotes
To clarifiy I can deposit 5k into the advance account, then i'll get $300 (extra $100 for referral?) And then do them for my parents, so another $400 each? Or 1100 or 1200? How long do we need to keep the account?
Nov 21, 2004
514 posts
16 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2019 8:59 pm
I opened advanced account last year around this game. After a year, I am generally happy with HSBC. Got all the welcome bonus without talking to customer reps. This is a good deal if the HSBC World Elite MC has FYF and some better welcome bonus.

Few things that I don't like HSBC:
1. Mobile app sucks
2. Credit card transaction seems very delayed, no instant pending transactions
3. Branch hours suck.
4. Limited number of branches.
My parents have been increasingly frustrated with HSBC, especially on their wealth management platform (can’t buy certain GICs, limitations on mutual funds and web portal seems outdated).

Planning to move over to RBC or TD. Anyone know if they have decent offers right now? Or other big banks?
Dec 24, 2015
235 posts
283 upvotes
How do you qualify for advance/ primier?

I'm interested in the sign up bonus if it's not too much hassle...
Dec 13, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
Sleepyzz wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 6:10 am
How do you qualify for advance/ primier?

I'm interested in the sign up bonus if it's not too much hassle...
basically 5k in the account for advance and 100k for premier

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)