Hot Deals

[HSBC] Switch to HSBC to get up to $1000 back

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 5:09 pm
Jul 23, 2011
26 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary
maverikbc wrote: I guess you ve got confused with $50 bonus amount for each activities, but I don't see anywhere about minimum required amount for BP and PADs.
Agreed. Went through the pdf and did not find any mention of the $50 minimum.
Dec 3, 2002
477 posts
25 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I re-read the Terms and Conditions fine print several more times.
Looks like no minimum amounts for Bill Payments and PADs.
I was confused as their definitions of the offer read funny to me.
Thanks for checking and confirming.
Apr 8, 2009
272 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This actually worked well for me as I needed to transfer money out of HSBC Hong Kong. Their global transfer makes the process instantaneous and free. Pretty awesome.

Good deal here. Lots of hoops to jump through, but free money is free money. Doesn't top Coast Capital Savings - though I don't think we'll see anything close again.
Mar 12, 2006
786 posts
161 upvotes
kinda surprised some individuals here have received certain bonuses.

Opened Aug/13th, did most, and haven't received any yet.
Oct 10, 2020
8 posts
Hello There,

I'm looking to open an Advance chequing account for myself and a Youth Savings account for my ten year old.

Can the process be completed online, or is it compulsory to visit a branch after initially applying online?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2504 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Any advice on completing making 2 $50 bill Payment and the 2 recurring pre-authorized transaction?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2311 posts
257 upvotes
asdisme wrote: Any advice on completing making 2 $50 bill Payment and the 2 recurring pre-authorized transaction?
I did credit card payment for bill payments and CTFS bill payment.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2018 posts
593 upvotes
So far HSBC support has been great to me. We'll see if my opinion changes, but currently I have no complaints.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1350 posts
760 upvotes
Rifle wrote: kinda surprised some individuals here have received certain bonuses.

I opened my account on July 11th and met all criteria that I wanted to do within the month (payroll, auto withdrawals and bill payments), but haven’t received a single bonus. Not even the initial account opening bonus.
So, I’m sure it’s coming for both of us.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2311 posts
257 upvotes
They seem to deposit the STEP bonus a lot faster. Like with-in a month.
Jan 17, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
If you haven't received your bonuses, not a bad idea to follow-up as to what the hold up is. They're a genuine PITA and you will never know if you have done something incorrectly if you don't pester them.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2504 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Is it considered a PAD if account automatically withdraw money from my HSBC account and deposit to my other bank account every month? (Set it up to go twice to meet the criteria)
Apr 4, 2017
759 posts
490 upvotes
Rifle wrote: kinda surprised some individuals here have received certain bonuses.

Opened around July 20. I received the referral bonus in about a month. Also got the payroll and pre-authorized debit bonus a few days ago. Surprisingly, haven't gotten the bill payment bonus, finished that step within a few days of opening the account.
Feb 5, 2013
190 posts
108 upvotes
I wouldn't switch to HSBC even if they PAID me 1k upfront.

Worst major bank in the known universe, by far!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1350 posts
760 upvotes
IHavocI wrote: Opened around July 20. I received the referral bonus in about a month. Also got the payroll and pre-authorized debit bonus a few days ago. Surprisingly, haven't gotten the bill payment bonus, finished that step within a few days of opening the account.
Very similar situation here. Signed up July 16, received the Referral bonus within a month. Then I just got the payroll and the PAD bonuses last week. Waiting on the bill payment and the bonus for opening the account.

I confirmed on the chat with 2 CSRs that I can stop the PAD and the payroll deposits now, and they will not claw back the bonuses. Do you know if it’s still one year that you have to keep the account open?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)